Unlocked 1020 or 925 for T-mobile?

senor pablo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Been a long time Nokia user. Currently using an 808 on T-mobile. Thinking about trying a Nokia windows phone. The 1020 has the 41 MP camera, which would be the logical move, however it doesn't get 3G as it doesn't have 1700 HSDPA. Anybody out there using the 1020 on T-mobile? I'm in an LTE service area, so would I miss it? Or would the 925 be better because it has 1700 HSDPA. Problem with 925, is camera is a step down. Also, anybody using either of these on the old T-zones plan? Or would I have to get a new data plan?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If your current T-Mo plan is supplying you data, then it will still work if you Bring Your Own Device. Should be no reason to switch data plans if the one you have fits your needs.

After a PureView 808, 1020 will be the only camera in it's class. One notch down is the 20MP shooter on the 1520. You can get a Factory Unlocked 1520.3 (RM-938) for Latin America that will ride fine on T-MoUS and has the 1700 band needed for 3G/H+ and will also be compatible with T-Mo LTE should it come to your area or should you travel to where it is enabled...

Check the specs: Nokia Lumia 1520 - Full phone specifications 1520 will be taking full advantage of all the advancements coming in the next wave of Windows Phone updates as well. I found it to be a very worthy upgrade over the 925 I had until recently. Check the 1520 forum for some sample pics. With all the software lenses and post shot-edit on the phone you can get some stunning results. Low light might not be what you are used to, but the latest firmware has brought that up somewhat. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/250141-pictures-video-taken-your-1520-a.html

The best price is usually at B&H Photo's website. Quality retailer with great service as well...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who's using an unlocked 1020 (which replaced his 925 that broke) that he got from the Microsoft Store on T-Mobile. No issues with the original firmware, although he wasn't getting LTE. He told me he flashed it to the Rogers firmware and all is well! If you have the money, go for the 1020.

I have the 925 and can't see how it would be "downgrading" in terms of the camera (although I don't have an 808 or 1020). The camera is really great, regardless of the fact that it's a lot less megapixels. I can also recommend the 925, especially since it's a T-Mo phone and can be bought for very, very cheap. But if you're really iffy about the camera and want something like your 808, go for the 1020.

CrazyDangerous

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Great question. I agree with RumoredNow, that the 1020 is in its own class (as far as camera. I got my 925 from my brother when he upgraded and my old phone broke. I dig it. I previously had a 920 and while some of the features that I really like are not here (Qi charging) the camera is still really great. My suggestion would be to wait (if possible) as the 1020 is due for refresh/ replacement, and the 925 is already a bit behind some of the other newer devices...My only gripe is how looooong it has taken (still taking) to get the cyan update on my 925 T-Mobile, aka WP8.1.

I will be buying whatever the replacement to the 1520 when it comes out, hopefully in the next 2 months

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium