Internet Sharing Nokia Lumia 1520 free or not on AT&T?

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T and I'm wondering if this feature is free and used only my mobile data. I just switched it on and was able to connect devices with it. My question is, if I was able to turned it on, is it going to charge me extra for using Internet Sharing? Lumia 1520.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet Sharing Nokia Lumia 1520

What data plan do you have? Whether or not internet sharing is free depends on your specific data plan.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet Sharing Nokia Lumia 1520 free or not on AT&T?

I think the only thing you have to worry about is your AT&T data plan. For example, I have the 10GB shared data family plan. If i turn on Internet sharing on my 1520 and connect say, my laptop to it.. the laptop is now limited to that 10GB of data. If I go over that 10GB, data overage charges will occur.

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Okay, thank you both so much for your time guys. Much appreciated. I have 10GB shared plan and I was only asking to avoid consequence. Again thank you :)

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Your 10Gb my not be able to be shared with laptops and tablets and only be shared between the other phones on your plan. I'll tell you about an experience I had. I had an iPhone with a grandfathered unlimited data plan. I discovered I could "tether" it to my laptop to get internet. ATT saw this and ended up taking away my unlimited plan because it wasn't a "tethering" plan. They could tell where the data was going and where it was terminating (on my laptop) and in their stupid contract it says that data can only be used on their devices. Long story short I lost my unlimited plan, so be careful of charges you might get if your data is only for "mobile devices"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster