T-Mobile Sales Rep Calls Windows Phone the worst Phone ever

indkal

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
It seems Microsoft has a big problem with Windows Phone perception among T-Mobile store representatives! Two days ago I visited the T-Mobile store in my city about speaker problem with my Lumia 925. As soon as I mentioned that I have a Windows Phone with speakers not working, the sales rep at the counter immediately blurted out that Windows Phone is the worst phone ever. There were other customers in the store who also heard the sales rep. rant. Of course, when I mentioned that I have no problems with Windows Phone, and other branded phones can also have speaker problems, she mentioned that she cannot provide any help with Windows Phone. Fortunately, the speakers started working after a while.

Hope Microsoft corrects such erroneous perceptions.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This world runs around AA (apple android. I'm a proud to be a percentage of the WP community. T-Mobile needs to learn from at&t carry more windows phones and learn to support and promote this platform...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
re:

I wouldn't pay much attention to an unprofessional sales type.
A good store sales manager would have happily chewed some tail upon overhearing a paid employee being negative.

A good rep would gleefully smile and be as helpful as possible.
My experience with a T-Mo store person was positive when I had them switch out the accounts for the wife's 635.

Sad you had to be exposed to an unnecessary negative with T-Mo servicing.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
re:

Seems to be a fairly common thing. All i can say if people are willing to try a windows phone they might find out they work quite well.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
re:

A similar situation just happened to me recently. Went to AT&T to get my wife a new SIM card because she was swapping an old Windows Phone 920 to a 925. When I got to the store, the sales guy proceeded to do his work on the phone and then when he couldn't figure out how to restart the phone, he shouted out "Ugh! Another reason I HATE Windows Phone" (his exact words). I asked him what the problem was and he said - "They just make it so hard to reset the phone". I was amazed.... at the sheer stupidity.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
re:

I would of thought (as a customer), they would of trained them (the employee) to handle ALL types of products they sold; perhaps like a small class no more than one hour a day? Fortunately if I have a problem with my stuff I tend to solve it on my own before calling support.

Sent from my iPad mini 2 using Tapatalk

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

ugh, I hated going into Tmobile when my wife (back then dating) had them...she always had issues, the reps there acted like idiots, telling her its how she held her phone is the reason why she would drop calls, about every 2 miles in the same spots it would drop....they acted like they were god and so hipster, but they didn't even have the iphones then...VZW was like that, I was contemplating going with Verizon when the icon came out, was going to sign a contract and all and the guy told me not to get the Icon and get the LG G2, so I left and went with AT&T...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
re:

It seems Microsoft has a big problem with Windows Phone perception among T-Mobile store representatives! Two days ago I visited the T-Mobile store in my city about speaker problem with my Lumia 925. As soon as I mentioned that I have a Windows Phone with speakers not working, the sales rep at the counter immediately blurted out that Windows Phone is the worst phone ever. There were other customers in the store who also heard the sales rep. rant. Of course, when I mentioned that I have no problems with Windows Phone, and other branded phones can also have speaker problems, she mentioned that she cannot provide any help with Windows Phone. Fortunately, the speakers started working after a while.

Hope Microsoft corrects such erroneous perceptions.

Amazing how a response from a singular rep becomes a generic comment about a problem with all Tmobile reps. Quite ironic given that comment is the equivalent of what you claim the rep did. I made a statement recently that of various types of seafood I do not like octopus. I guess that must mean all archaeologists hate octopus....

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

My TMO experience when expressing WP interest has varied from stoic, "I'll answer whatever you like about this device you seem interested in, with no initial personal opinion, but later on slowly ask you about apps and point you to Android or Apple only once and then cash you out if you still want the device."
- to -​

"A Windows Live phone? I'd really suggest <anything but>, please save yourself and look at this other thing... still asking me about it? why? Like seriously I won't be the one selling you that today, come on and look over here... Really still asking about it? Aren't all the things I just outlaid reason for you to not buy a Windows Phone? Fine, it's your loss, would you like Jump on your account?"
Somewhere in there, there may be a question about whether you or a loved one works for MS and are being forced to buy said device.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
re:

My TMO experience when expressing WP interest has varied from stoic, "I'll answer whatever you like about this device you seem interested in, with no initial personal opinion, but later on slowly ask you about apps and point you to Android or Apple only once and then cash you out if you still want the device."
- to -​

"A Windows Live phone? I'd really suggest <anything but>, please save yourself and look at this other thing... still asking me about it? why? Like seriously I won't be the one selling you that today, come on and look over here... Really still asking about it? Aren't all the things I just outlaid reason for you to not buy a Windows Phone? Fine, it's your loss, would you like Jump on your account?"
Somewhere in there, there may be a question about whether you or a loved one works for MS and are being forced to buy said device.

So true

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

My T-Mobile store has been nothing but supportive of my WP endeavors. When I switched from VZW and joined them the rep I worked with, who has subsequently become my go to guy there talked with me at great length about Windows phone. While he was an android user, he was also very complimentary about WP and felt that it was definitely a powerful and user friendly OS that had a lot going for it. Not only that, but he knew the product very well. I was impressed.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

What incentive is there to train their staff? Low demand for Windows Phones in general, and Microsoft has not been doing the best job when it comes to supporting US carriers.

IT IS Microsoft's fault regarding Cyan on T-Mobile and Verizon. Microsoft needs to put even more effort in supporting their platform and devices, despite the Nokia branding ...

I do not blame the reps or the carriers.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
re:

When Android was young the sales staff thought that was junk too.

Times change, we just need to stay positive. Have to say I picked up a 635 and am amazed at the product for the price. Fast, lightweight. Know four people who now have them recently and while clearly not as good as higher models, still amazing for the price.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

When Android was young the sales staff thought that was junk too.

I believe you're correct. WP is being treated now as Android was in the past. So the question is: why did Android take off (explode might be a more fitting term), but WP remains stagnant?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Honestly, android was junk (1.0-1.6 was downright terrible). Windows Mobile 6 was not seeing any major development, however it was far ahead in terms of functionality as a mobile OS.

Only Android phones worth buying were HTC... Anyone remember the HTC Hero?

HTC HD2 was an awesome phone, however by then Android was where WP8.1 was in relation to Android 5.0 now (in terms of features), only developers were supporting the platform more. WinMo 6.5 was long in the tooth, despite Sense UI and touch improvements. Android was being touted as a more stable, modern solution. WP7 was not really an upgrade path, completely different. I think more users related to Android, at least that was my experience.. WP7 had even less features than Android or WinMo 6.5, and was locked down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it803qrSjCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXJwFgONMsk

WP7 was needed, but their execution was too slow. WP8 should have out in 2010. Not sure why Microsoft is still playing catch up after all these years.. They have the resources to put themselves ahead :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99