From WP veterans that have been on multiple carriers, in your opinion which is the best/most supportive place to be for an American WP fan?

Verizon? Seem to have the best phone selection but not very supportive
    AT&T? Good selection of Lumias
    T Mobile? Bad phone selection

I only have experience with Verizon but am considering a move.
    12-03-2014 11:49 PM
    If I had a choice and more freedom, id probably buy my phone unlocked outright (like an int'l model) and go to whatever carrier or MVNO floated my boat.

None are particularly great. VZW isn't looking too great now, ATT beat everyone else in the US on updates (even some unbranded models) but was also notably dead last for some previous updates.
    T-Mobile's selection is lacking and different bands rule out some models if data speeds is of a concern.

I'd pick up an int'l model, or maybe an ATT/T-Mo-locked phone if money was a big concern and take it to Straight Talk or some other prepaid service.
    12-03-2014 11:59 PM
    I buy AT&T phones and use them on Cricket.

I switched from T-Mobile. I am sure they were glad to be rid of another pesky WP customer.
    12-04-2014 12:26 AM
    How good is coverage where you live and work? I always recommend picking a carrier first and then a device, since it doesn't do any good to have a great device you can't use due to lousy coverage. If more than one carrier has decent coverage, then you can consider what devices are available for that carrier.
    Guytronic, ven07, tgp and 4 others like this.
    12-04-2014 12:27 AM
    How good is coverage where you live and work? I always recommend picking a carrier first and then a device, since it doesn't do any good to have a great device you can't use due to lousy coverage. If more than one carrier has decent coverage, then you can consider what devices are available for that carrier.
    Coverage isn't an issue. I'm in NJ , spend a lot of time in NYC.
    12-04-2014 08:13 AM
    LOL...

I like to try and keep up with carrier vs user concerns. NJ/NYC is no guarantee of great coverage. Different carriers have different issues and cold spots there all the time according to users on various forums. Don't take it for granted that just because you can order Ethiopian cuisine at 3am it will assure you of having flawless cellular.

For instance: Tower placement and coverage zones are pretty competitive there. Even Vzw might have dead areas. T-Mo and Sprint are known to have penetration issues due to their frequencies/equipment and dense urban structures exacerbate this.

Seriously, try checking out the carrier forums area and read reviews. If you can't find any, post a new thread in the carrier of your choice board and ask point blank, "How is <carrier> in <list areas>?" I recall recently getting in a discussion thread at AC trying to help a user figure out why his T-Mo has no service in Yankee Stadium when the coverage map says it should be 5x5. He's a regular at the games and it is a regular problem.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 12-04-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added detail
    aximtreo and ajb1965 like this.
    12-04-2014 10:57 AM