How to unlock an AT&T Windows Phone (non contract edition)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There's a note on the packaging about anti-theft. Apparently it is considered stolen, until the retailer scans all the barcodes on the box.

Henry B

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Lumia 640 unlock procedure did not work

I applied and received unlock code but following instructions on AT&T site I never got the request to enter the code. I had turned the phone off, removed the AT&T sim and installed H2o sim, turned back on but the windows home screen came up as usual.

I have read that some new phones have a feature called Domestic SIM Unlock-capable (DSU) where the unlock is automatic over-the-air. If that happens, or, has already happened, how do you find on the phone if its locked or unlocked? Is there a code to input to receive the lock/unlock status?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Lumia 640 unlock procedure did not work

I applied and received unlock code but following instructions on AT&T site I never got the request to enter the code. I had turned the phone off, removed the AT&T sim and installed H2o sim, turned back on but the windows home screen came up as usual.

H2O is an mvno using AT&T towers. As such it will not trigger an unlock request. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Open Phone dialer > dial ##7820# > you don't even need to press Send > it takes you to the carrier lock status screen and you see a locked padlock overtop a SIM icon > tap the entry field and input your unlock number > after processing the padlock now appears unlocked > enjoy

Bambu Utila

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So i just received my Lumia 640. Did everything people here on the site suggested but i keep getting the following error message:

Error: We’re sorry, but we’re having technical difficulties with our network at the moment. Please try again later. If this problem persists, try clearing the cache and cookies from your device. Questions? Call us at 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone. (errorCode.ULS3001)

Anybody else experiencing this too at the moment? Should just be patient or am i doing something wrong?

Bambu Utila

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting on two codes. Received email from AT&T stating that my devices needed further review. It's been 3 days.

Did you order them on the 23rd? I've been trying to get a code since late in the evening on the 24th and keep getting error message ULS3001

Hoping they are just having some issues with their system and everyhing will be ok when i try on monday when staff goes back to work

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I got one on the 23rd, and one from Best Buy on the 24th...both are gophones from AT&T. I was able to fill the form for both phones on the 24th. Everything was smooth, but I received the email stating that they need to research further today, the 26th.

Bambu Utila

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So we are 4 days later and i still get the same Error code ULS3001.
Is anybody else experiencing this problem when they try to request an unlock code for their Lumia 640?

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So we are 4 days later and i still get the same Error code ULS3001.
Is anybody else experiencing this problem when they try to request an unlock code for their Lumia 640?

It might have to do with the increased requests from all the people buying these phones on this Christmas sale. I bought two, and know some people that went to buy it as a backup phone. My application went through four days ago, but I'm still waiting on the unlock codes.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
My 920 is dead for now, so i have a 640 on the way from ms store. I'm already off contract, so if I remove the gophone sim and put my sim in, can i unlock without issue or should i just do the unlock before unboxing the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99