So upset with Straight Talk / Verizon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Now I understand. I am still stumped as to why you can't activate it though. Putting your old Straight Talk SIM in the new phone should've been all that was needed.

Yea, it should've been that simple, but the problem is with CDMA devices you have to register them before use on Straight Talk. Now, since the Icon comes unlocked for GSM, I am using it right now on AT&T Straight Talk (I ported everything to my spare card), but this IMEI for some reason can't be registered on Straight Talk, Net10, etc. It's not SO bad, as I still get LTE, I just don't get MMS.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Why no switch to H2o wireless... If your phone support GSM... Same at&t service but cheaper.

I couldn't stand H20 the last time I went to them (was using a 920 at the time). I am already on AT&T through Straight Talk with this spare SIM I have and am using in my Icon, I just don't get MMS (would be the case anyway with any GSM carrier I use the Icon on because Verizon blocked MMS with GSM with their software in 8.1). On top of that, I think H20 gives you much less data than Straight Talk did, and service was worse with them than Straight Talk.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't stand H20 the last time I went to them (was using a 920 at the time). I am already on AT&T through Straight Talk with this spare SIM I have and am using in my Icon, I just don't get MMS (would be the case anyway with any GSM carrier I use the Icon on because Verizon blocked MMS with GSM with their software in 8.1). On top of that, I think H20 gives you much less data than Straight Talk did, and service was worse with them than Straight Talk.
Been using H20 wireless for more than three years and the only time I call for support was when they was not taking card for pay the monthly payment. I think it was an issue from my part. Other than that, their services has improved a lot in the last year. They give you only 1GB of data and unlimited call and text for $40. Not bad at all.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using H20 wireless for more than three years and the only time I call for support was when they was not taking card for pay the monthly payment. I think it was an issue from my part. Other than that, their services has improved a lot in the last year. They give you only 1GB of data and unlimited call and text for $40. Not bad at all.

Do they have CDMA service? I'll have to look into them, but at the same time, Straight Talk is $45 for 3GB of service. On top of that, to make things seamless (without the need for APN and everything) I could go to Verizon prepaid for $45 a month for 1GB of data as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Do they have CDMA service? I'll have to look into them, but at the same time, Straight Talk is $45 for 3GB of service. On top of that, to make things seamless (without the need for APN and everything) I could go to Verizon prepaid for $45 a month for 1GB of data as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.
$45 for 3GB is sweet... The problem is that straigh talk does not take GSM... Correct?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the phone was actually someone's phone. Microsoft took the other Icon back and have me a new one (black at that, which made me very happy 😊). This one works fine.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and tips

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an ICON on Straight Talk and had no problems activating. Did you call and speak with a phone rep at Straight Talk. Doing it online is an adventure in hell but the phone people are normally quite helpful.
Agree with you online activation is hell. 5 minutes chatting with a rep and I was up and going... Loving the service too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12