What is with the hate of WP???

pjrudd

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So my wife and I switched to T-Mobile today. After trying 2 Walmarts and a Costco, we finally just ordered online. At both Walmarts, the sales reps had no clue WHAT they were doing, so we elected to go to Costco. We needed to go there anyway for a few other items. We get to the counter where the guy is standing next to the T-Mobile phones and we see a good assortment of devices to pick from. We start the process first with my wife picking out the phone she wanted and then the guy asks me what I am looking for. I no soon as mention Windows Phone and his attitude changes. He first asks why I have a problem with iPhones and don't I know that they are the best devices period? I laughed and said ok. He then tells me that T-Mobile has already instructed them to warn customers, that by the end of this year, you will no longer be able to buy the following brands of cell phones: Samsung, Sony, HTC and "Your" (his words) beloved Microsoft phones, due to the companies cutting back to stay profitable.

Now I know an ***** when I see one, but this guy even made my wife laugh at this point. We said never mind and walked away. I have never seen someone with such an attitude when dealing with a customer before over a cell phone brand before.

I appologize for the long post, just thought some may get a kick out of the pending doom of Apple taking over the mobile market this year.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol thanks for sharing this!! Some of them get paid by the company (in this case Apple) to push their products

purefire21

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Some people only go with what's popular, no original thoughts just clones. These people are trend followers not makers. Windows Phone are Divergent like in the movie and everyone else are iPhones

pjrudd

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No problem, I got a kick out of it on the way home. On the plus side, I was able to get a 650 ordered until something more high end comes out.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. It's this snob attitude from apple fans that they think their devices are the greatest thing in the world and that their phone is better than everyone else, is exactly why I'd never want to join that crowd.

I was in best buy at Christmas while my sister was upgrading her pos droid phone to a Note 3 and the dude tried to push an overpriced iPhone on her. But the free Note is what she wanted. Then he tried to sell me a phone and I said no thanks I'm perfectly fine with my 1.5 year old Lumia 920. He was like oh those are bad. I just laughed at him and said yeah ok whatever thanks.

pjrudd

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of jumping from the Icon the the droid turbo. Specs for that phone are nice, but I have never regretted a decision so much in my life. Then having to deal with Verizon on top of it, just made it all that more worse. So when T-Mobile came out with their new promotions, we figured why not, my wife broke the lens on her camera of her phone anyway and wanted a new one, so it worked out in my favor. To be honest though, I have never had such a hard time buying a cell phone before.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Back when I was on T-Mobile we literally had a rep refuse to let me and my GF trade in our iPhones using Jump. Granted I was doing a trade outside of a Jump, so I was going to have to pay extra - but the rep said I was crazy to want to give up the 6+ for a Lumia 635. She then made up some process where I would have to pay full price for the iPhone first, and then my trade value would get applied to the account later - nothing like the process that was described to me by another rep. My GF tried to trade in her iPhone 6 for a Galaxy Avant and she said that she couldn't do a Jump trade on that one.

We walked out and went to the local Tmo kiosk at the mall and go figure, I had my trade done (and the trade balance applied to my phone immediately) and my GF had her Jump trade done.

Now the first rep may have seen through what we were trying to do...knew I'd be switching to Verizon soon, so in that case we'd have to pay off the entire price of our iPhones - so we traded to cheaper devices so the pay off wouldn't be as bad.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been thankful to not run into this mindset so far at AT&Ts, although I know I think we've surprised several by not even trying out non-WP devices. There's just not much reason to. The only other phone we'd consider is the iPhone, and you don't get much benefit for all the extra cost. We've played around with them a little in the store, but sure they're built nice, and I'm sure they're decent devices, but we like Windows Phone and so there's no need to spend hundreds of dollars more and forfeit the WP OS, screen size, and camera.

Now if W10 really sucks, if useful apps start to disappear, and if Apple ever comes out with a great camera, I might be tempted to consider them. But right now, I have no real reason.

DEF3NDER

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
When I tell people I use a WP they look at me like I'm a freak. The other response is usually accusing me of being a Microsoft fan boy.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The Tmo store employees are much better. Costco and WalMart are 3rd party vendors so the employees don't get any real training. Plus the Tmo stuff there is all prepaid hanging in plastic on the shelf next to the iPhone cases. In my city Tmo doesn't activate post paid service anywhere but a Tmo store. Resellers just offer prepaid devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss