Straight talk incoming mms issue

Jalvis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Straight Talk earlier this year when I had to leave a business account I was for over two years. I lasted exactly one month before I switched back to an AT&T plan with my OG L920. Poor customer service, no mms, worse coverage than on AT&T in the same area. Saving $20 a month was not worth it. Took alot of effort to get my mms service to work again after that too, bit that is another story.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched to Straight Talk earlier this year when I had to leave a business account I was for over two years. I lasted exactly one month before I switched back to an AT&T plan with my OG L920. Poor customer service, no mms, worse coverage than on AT&T in the same area. Saving $20 a month was not worth it. Took alot of effort to get my mms service to work again after that too, bit that is another story.
I have used ST for 4 years,on about 5 phones and have had the same SIM for over a year with absolutely no problem. This is not the norm for my experience with them. It has to be related to something changing when they upped the data plan. I have to have incoming mms for work though, so if they can't fix this issue, I'll have to switch.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Customer Service is not what it should be from ANY of the cellular service providers, this isn't an excuse in ST"s favor, but a slam against all of them.

As far as signal quality, I don't see how you could notice a difference, since it's the same towers, leased from Verizon/Att/Tmo/Whoever and the only difference is a ST sim in your phone ?

I've personally experimented with two verizon phones, three tmo phones, and now four att phones on the ST networks for each. There was no difference at all in cellular service between the big carriers' service and ST's, other than the price paid monthly. I settled on a nice rugged ATT branded phone, with a straighttalk sim, and have enjoyed LTE since, without issue.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Very cool.

I read that it had kicked in for some so I deleted all threads, soft reset and test by sending an MMS to myself...

Success!!!

Definitely some glitch in the code carrier side. Glad they squashed the bug.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It would be interesting to see if iPhone users had the same issue.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Fyi, My son and I are both receiving inbound mms again.

Ditto. Starting working sometime this morning for me.

And for those keeping track, this was definitely an issue on Straight Talk's end. I never changed any of my settings. I never sent an MMS to myself. I never even restarted my phone. I just magically started receiving MMS messages this morning with no effort on my end.

Glad it's fixed, and hopefully for good.

Tim Schilling

May 11, 2015
Visit site
yes...iPhone users too . Going back and forth with ST last few days; they of course won't admit to problem. In fact, their customer service person on chat with me said "The feature is not supported". Complete absurdity, they are lying through their teeth. And it is not fixed yet as of this morning

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Complete absurdity, they are lying through their teeth.

I wouldn't say they're lying; it's more that they have no clue what is going on. Plus, the ST/Net10 CS reps don't seem to know English very well. They might not even totally understand what you're saying.

The reason I switched to GoPhone when I decided to leave Net10 is because I could go to an AT&T store and get the same service an AT&T postpaid customer gets. Although I am techy and do most of my own work, I am helpless when it comes to carrier network problems.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It would be interesting to see if iPhone users had the same issue.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
I did take a look at the iMore forums but didn't see any recent threads.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
It also affected BB10 devices. I have not been affected so far, but have spoken to someone that was, and for him it was a Lumia 635 and multiple BB devices.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wife and moms phone working now. Looks like it was on ST side. Oh well, saving another few bucks by switching to cricket. I like how their APN settings are automatic even on the BYOD plans. Take care everyone. Thanks for contributing!

aeblen25

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm very glad to hear that MMS is working again for most people! Mine however STILL is giving me problems. I receive a message now when someone sends me a picture, but it just says "Get Media Content" but when I try to get it, it just loads and loads never downloading the picture itself. I have deleted all threads and reset my phone, with no help. Any suggestions?? Thanks again to everyone here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel