[USA] Straight Talk Wants YOUR Phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Recently, Straight Talk made a bold move to combat lower prices from some competing mvno carriers.

If you bring your own phone they now give you 5GB a month of high speed data. It is capped at 8mbps, but in my experience it is fast enough for the price and the added data allotment is pretty sweet. It works for anyone already on the service (grandfathered in) or for new activations. But you must BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).

Straight Talk offers service on T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon's towers. They will activate GSM and CDMA devices onto their service.

Check it out here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...M4IqMMABHA30C7KzAwHQJNaV%2F%23&token=Mv74AkN7

And here: https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop/serviceplans

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Have used ST for 4 years, past 2 years with the same SIM. Very satisfied with coverage and service. I wish there was a way to convince millions more people to utilize an mvno. The dependence on carriers and contract systems in the US negatively impacts so many things regarding personal phone use.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have used ST for 4 years, past 2 years with the same SIM. Very satisfied with coverage and service. I wish there was a way to convince millions more people to utilize an mvno. The dependence on carriers and contract systems in the US negatively impacts so many things regarding personal phone use.
It's something I'd consider if I didn't need to tether.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's something I'd consider if I didn't need to tether.

That's a good point and probably a priority for many. The times I tethered were really not that often and compared to what plans cost was really just wasted money. My wife tethered more, but has since changed her habits.

Maybe allowing tethering might be the next value add an mvno tries to attract and retain customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077