So I may have to switch to Verizon because the other three carriers don't get service at my house. I tried T-Mobile with a 640 for their wifi calling which won't work even with their "cellspot" tower. I'm worried about Verizon though because of their track record and the lack of support(icon) if I do go, I'd get the 735 temporarily until I hope they get a flagship. What do y'all think?
    07-05-2015 11:32 PM
    Who knows?
    RumoredNow, Guytronic and xandros9 like this.
    07-05-2015 11:50 PM
    I could be wrong but I recall reading that the new Lumia flagships will be gsm (again I could be wrong). If that's the case they'd need to workout a special agreement with a vendor to develop a cdma phone. CDMA is the one of the biggest hurdles between Verizon and Microsoft. I was honestly surprised when they announced the Icon. Now that they consider the Icon a flop it's going to be even more difficult to sell Verizon on carrying a high-end Windows device. It sucks because I really want a 950.

At least now that Verizon has unshackled us and my 2-year contract ended I can just switch to AT&T if there's no high end device by the holiday season. An M9 would be nice, but given how long it's been around and the lack of any news I doubt it.
    09-14-2015 10:32 AM
    Forget Windows phone or mobile whatever the heck they call it these days...Microsoft doesn't actually care about it, so no Verizon will not get a flagship just like ATT didn't get the lumia 930. Microsoft has a decent platform but chooses to make a joke of it...offers better versions of all its apps on competitor platforms...pathetic When they allowed word and excel and all their nice apps to go on android they should have made an agreement for google to put its apps on windows phone but they didn't.
    Last edited by xandros9; 10-28-2015 at 01:45 AM. Reason: mild cleaning
    10-27-2015 11:06 PM
    Bought a used xperia z3v and I am loving this phone so far. I am missing metrotube but I'm sure I will find something suitable soon enough. I also bought a jawbone up3 for sleep tracking which I couldn't have done at all on my lumina Icon.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-02-2015 12:03 AM