Nokia Lumia screen frozen..Vodaphone says moisture has got in it. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia lumia screen frozen...vodaphone says moisture has got in it

lumia 935 screen became unresponsive to touch. Took back to Vodafone,they said unrepairable as moisture got into it. I however have not dropped it into water or anything like that. Only had 2 months...advise please xx

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia lumia screen frozen...vodaphone says moisture has got in it

Try taking your phone straight to a service center instead rather than to Vodaphone. At least get a second opinion but don't mention anything about what Vodaphone told you - otherwise you risk having the service center tell you the exact same thing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is a moisture detector inside the phone. It may or may not show moisture.

Any moisture that may have gotten in there may or may not have damaged your screen.

Any repair of a phone should have put a new moisture detection strip in the phone. That may or may not have been done (either the repair or the changing of the strip).

Not knowing what phone you have complicates things. There is no Lumia 935. I assume that is a typo and you do not state if you are the original owner. I am assuming an older device. Perhaps it is used?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I've heard this moisture thing before, apparently many service centers say that when they don't want to or can't repair or detect the issue with the device.

Just a lame excuse, if you know what I mean...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb