I found out that my current plan on T-mobile doesn't support "short codes" like ones that a bank, Paypal or others will send. It's not something that I use often, but the fact that it doesn't is a bummer and has me possibly considering looking at outside options, that don't do contracts (or at least ones that will penalize you for leaving).

Does anyone use an MVNO that supports/allows short codes?
    11-13-2015 11:54 PM
    Does anyone use an MVNO that supports/allows short codes?
    Sorry about the late reply. I looked around for some short codes to send to, didn't see any handy and got busy.

On Cricket I certainly receive short codes all the time from my carrier and Bing Rewards App. Same on ST. I got short codes all the time.

I'm not sure why T-Mo would fail to deliver to you from a short code.

So on ATT mvno carriers I receive Short Code messages all the time. I replied to a Cricket short code just a bit ago and it seems to have gone through...

YMMV
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-17-2015 11:52 AM
    Sorry about the late reply. I looked around for some short codes to send to, didn't see any handy and got busy.

On Cricket I certainly receive short codes all the time from my carrier and Bing Rewards App. Same on ST. I got short codes all the time.

I'm not sure why T-Mo would fail to deliver to you from a short code.

So on ATT mvno carriers I receive Short Code messages all the time. I replied to a Cricket short code just a bit ago and it seems to have gone through...

YMMV
    It's fine! Thank you for replying, this is helpful to me. I called T-mobile and apparently, it's something they are "working on" for the no credit check plans, only. The other plans have it though, which is kind of weird, but eh.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-17-2015 05:19 PM