My local store didn't have the 950 out and they didn't even have one in the back to bring out. The false rep looked confused when I asked about it so I think he didn't even know what it was. How can you sell it if you can't even hold it?
    JohnStrk likes this.
    11-20-2015 02:32 PM
    Sounds like typical AT&T.
    JohnStrk, TLRtheory and aximtreo like this.
    11-20-2015 02:38 PM
    My local store didn't have the 950 out and they didn't even have one in the back to bring out. The false rep looked confused when I asked about it so I think he didn't even know what it was. How can you sell it if you can't even hold it?
    Find out if it is corporate or franchise.

If corporate ask who is the regional manager, if franchise who is the owner... Get a method of contact for that person. Ask that person how they will correct the deficiency in staff knowledge, product placement and what should be done to get you the phone you want.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:17 PM
    Or you turn around and take your business somewhere else. It's not the consumers job to correct bad behaviour. It's the consumers job to take their business elsewhere if that is the case.
    11-20-2015 06:23 PM
    Or you turn around and take your business somewhere else. It's not the consumers job to correct bad behaviour. It's the consumers job to take their business elsewhere if that is the case.
    Or do both.
    RumoredNow and TechFreak1 like this.
    11-20-2015 09:06 PM
    Ain't nobody got time fo dat :D
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-20-2015 09:08 PM
    Or you follow up with the big boss and maybe get a discount or some cool swag plus the satisfaction of knowing that jackwad got what they deserve for being lazy and stupid and unhelpful.

Sorry, but I've lived 52 years and been a customer and a manager in retail. Even stating you are taking your business elsewhere and letting the low level functionary know it is not as satisfactory for a consumer as getting a situation corrected. And managers usually will make situations good plus throw you an extra. That's their job and how the whole shebang works. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Trust me; I'm not some carrier loyalist. I've long been an mvno vote with my feet and my $ consumer and an advocate for same. The last time I was on a major was in 2014 when my wife and I used T-Mo for the no contract, leave when you want service and we soaked up free data and texting for 30+ days overseas. Before that it would have been 2009 since I was on a major carrier Since using T-Mo, I've switched carriers twice. First to Straight Talk for better value and now to Cricket which is saving me even more.

Sometimes it is simply time to stand your ground and say wait a minute bub, I call foul. Get the ref in here and let's find out what you just perpetrated against the rules.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-20-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo monkey doubled down on since
    HeyCori, libra89 and TechFreak1 like this.
    11-20-2015 10:06 PM
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    It's also the first to be replaced.
    HeyCori, RumoredNow and TechFreak1 like this.
    11-20-2015 10:22 PM
    It's also the first to be replaced.
    I liked it as a comment, but I'm pretty sure the DM wouldn't cancel dude's service for reporting the bad experience.
    tgp likes this.
    11-20-2015 11:10 PM
    My local AT&T had 4 on display, pretty much as you walked in. They had more 950s on display than Microsoft Store few blocks away.
    RumoredNow, libra89 and TechFreak1 like this.
    11-20-2015 11:14 PM
    I went to my AT&T store late Friday afternoon. There was not a 950 on display and the rep had to ask someone if they had it.

I didn't have time to buy, just look, so went back yesterday to purchase. There was one on display, but no signage next to it to indicate what it was or what it cost. The rep I worked with knew absolutely nothing about it.
    11-23-2015 03:05 PM