12-13-2015 12:38 AM
30 12
tools
    This sounds to me like a money problem. If you don't have the money to spend on an unlocked 950xl, then you are in a situation that no bright minds can solve.

ATT affords you a discount being on contract for only what they carry. If they don't carry it, you're SOL. Take the discount on something else. Sell it. Take money and buy off contract the 950xl. The cheapest, easiest solution by far. You're actually saving money being grandfathered into that data plan because your usage is outside the norm. Any other person on the new plans would be paying twice as much for the same amount of data. You're already in the best situation with the lowest plan pricing possible. Use that to your advantage and buy a device with the contract discount and sell it to recoup the costs of XL.

So, the non contract option is the only option. Who's to blame? I'm sure most will agree it's the carriers. So, quit pointing blame and just do the needful.
    12-12-2015 02:15 PM
    I talked to ATT about switching from Verizon when my contract is up in January. I told them no deal because I wanted the 950 XL. I was told that the 950 XL would be coming to ATT in December.
    12-12-2015 04:08 PM
    Since you are the one that obviously is unaware of many of at&t's unpublished plans and discounts it sound like you are the one that needs to "do your own research" before dictating to strangers what they should or should not buy.
    Stay with ATT or don't it's your cash and they wont go bankrupt if you leave and honestly there are not enough people who want the phone to impact them. I left them years ago and just buy my phones outright and love my lower monthly bill with unlimited LTE data.
    12-12-2015 07:43 PM
    As painful as it was, I read through every post. What hasn't been addressed is how any of this is Microsoft's problem. Laura correctly moved this to the carrier sections because she saw the same thing I did. This is an AT&T issue and bringing it to a Windows forum to complain about it and expecting members' responses to be supportive was going to be problematic at best. It seems you have three options: (1) Ditch the contract you're presently on and get the phone you want. (2) Keep your contract and accept whatever scrub AT&T deems worthy of their largess. (3) Do nothing and enjoy life.
    12-12-2015 10:48 PM
    I'm in the exact same spot, except with Sprint.
    12-13-2015 12:38 AM
30 12