Will Verizon support the newer phones?

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Verizon only cares about three types of phones:

1- Anything branded "Droid" by Motorola.
2- Anything that says iPhone.
3- Anybody with a phone that is just out of contract and they can sucker into buying a Droid or iPhone on the Edge plan.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
VZ and Google are practically married. I don't think VZ likes Apple at all but it makes $$ so they roll with it.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Verizon CAN'T support the Lumia 950 because Microsoft refused to get CDMA certification. Verizon would love to carry the 950 and 950XL. They already carry three other WP devices. But Microsoft only put the 950 out as a placeholder until the Surface Phone is released.

roberts1069

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store recently and was told they would support any phone capable of running on their system. In fact, they are legally required to. Sadly, due to idiotic marketing decisions by Microsoft, choices are so limited as to be non-existent.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store recently and was told they would support any phone capable of running on their system. In fact, they are legally required to. Sadly, due to idiotic marketing decisions by Microsoft, choices are so limited as to be non-existent.

I get the feeling the store said that assuming only Verizon branded, whitelisted and approved phones are classified as "capable."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss