Anyone have a data only plan?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile but sometimes I consider having a data only plan as an additional line.

I am often switching my main phone, but I sometimes wonder how this is like. I would like to stream music using Spotify and YouTube. Data speeds are great where I am aside from work but I probably wouldn't use this there.
I'm not willing to change my car to play other music in it but I can see myself pleased with this setup.

Anyone out there do this?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I dont know about T-Mobile Libra, but I do use a data only plan on one phone. The other one, likewise, is a minutes/text only plan. It works out pretty swimmingly for me so far. Helps with the best of both worlds in that you get better battery life out of all your devices involved. But... you have to be willing to sacrifice some 'smartphone' capabilities on one of your devices. Infact, now one of them is turning into a music only unit. So much for convergence. I feel like an old fart because its the equivalent of going back 15 years, and carrying 3-4 devices with you at all times, a Zune, a PDA, a Phone, and a Camera. Only, they're all the same devices really, with varying battery timings and spec sheets.

It works for me because all 2/3 of my phones are WP/WM only. So I dont feel like I'm crippling my experience anywhere. Its going to be different for you obviously because you're so device promiscuous woman. In your case, you obviously have to keep that in mind also then. How is that 950 coming along though so far Libra, 'ccept for the overheating issues of course. :3 ^_^

Edit: Crap, I just realised I just bought a thread back from the grave. Sorry. Eeek.

-- W

Last edited:

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been using freedompop for data. The system there is not perfect but I am happy. I have a few data sims set up on separate emails all on the free plan. With freedompop friends, sharing data, and rollover I get a gig of data a month with limited rollover for free. Which is perfect for the light use it is given. If its something your interested in I can share the details.

Ah and FYI the global sim runs on either T-Mobile or AT&T. The LTE sim runs on AT&T.

Edit: I wasn't thinking straight at the time. The data is free, the rollover is about $4. So a bit over a gig a month free and if you want to roll some over it's $4. My mistake, I apologize.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett