Cricket Visual Voicemail

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Any Cricket users lose native VVM on their Lumia recently?

My family noticed this about 3 weeks ago. We are using 2 MS unlocked 950's, a Cricket 640 and a Cricket 650. Cricket Wireless VVM worked perfectly on all of them until just recently, then just stopped. We can still access voicemail via dialup, but that's pretty clumsy for 2017.

In my Bing searches (notice how I did that?), I've found several reports of this problem among WP users, along with reports of Cricket moving their voicemail servers over to AT&T (parent company). But no solutions!

Anyone know anything about this?

I tried a quick chat with Cricket support, and got the typical response: very sympathetic and soothing, but complete disavowal of any knowledge of the problem. Then we start down the menu, looking for problems with my phone - even after I explain that it happened to ALL Windows Phones.

For now, I switched over to ISeeVM, an app that connects with YouMail. Works pretty well, but not as seamless as the built-in VVM. BTW, if you try this, don't select Cricket as your carrier during setup, select AT&T.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still works on my 950. VVM is one of those things that you take for granted. It didn't work on my Pixel when I was using that, at least not in the native phone app, I had to download the separate Cricket VVM app, which just seemed kind of clunky to have two notifications of voicemail.

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! Is your 950 the dual-SIM unlocked model, or the AT&T model?

Ours are unlocked, the RM-1118. Strangely, the built-in VVM worked perfectly with the Cricket SIM's, right out of the box, until recently.

Still works on my 950. VVM is one of those things that you take for granted. It didn't work on my Pixel when I was using that, at least not in the native phone app, I had to download the separate Cricket VVM app, which just seemed kind of clunky to have two notifications of voicemail.

Sent from mTalk using a Dell Venue 8

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@barotropic Since the shut down of 2G, Cricket has new SIM cards. Have you tried getting the new style SIM? No more green/white, they are all white now. Might help. It solved an SMS issue I was having...

NEURO2016

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Cricket Lumia 650 in November and VVM worked perfectly. Then I bought my Dad another identical 650 from Cricket last week. The VVM setup failed on his phone, while the VVM on my phone continued to work. Then today, I get a notification that a VVM update on the phone required a reboot, which I did...and now VVM setup on my phone fails. In other words, my VVM failure, error messages, etc., are all now identical to my Dad's phone.

My 650 was updated to the Creator's Update about 10-14 days ago and had no problems with VVM till today. My Dad's phone was updated to CU the same day we bought it.

It sounds like whatever VVM update they're pushing through is bugged up and the culprit. I called Cricket and they have no clue about anything that's not on the same FAQ or support pages of their own site that I already read. Then they say it's MS's problem and call them.

NEURO2016

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I posted a little while ago today about my VVM failing on my Cricket Lumia 650 after an update today. For the last couple weeks, Cricket has been notifying customers that they’re transitioning to a new voicemail system. It starts taking effect today and will require an update of some sort that will automatically come into the phone. Maybe that’s why the VVM is screwed up. Cricket doesn't say anything about VVM being retained or still working on their FAQ page...so I'm wondering if we've lost that feature.
https://www.cricketwireless.com/new-voicemail.html

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
i just got the update today on lumia 650. voicemail stoped working and every time i try and turn it on it sends a text message //VVM:STATUS:st=U;rc=1
i went to cricket and they said to call 611. i called and they tried stuff that didn't and seems like put in a work order or something. not sure what is going on or what this is happening. hope they fix this since it is dumb for this to happen.

NEURO2016

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have two Lumia 650's from Cricket and also dealt with this issue. Cricket eliminated enabling Visual Voicemail from Win10 phones when they did their voicemail 'upgrade' a couple months ago. Lousy Cricket didn't even announce eliminating VVM, tell customers, or give any warning at all.

I didn't know about this and spent a couple days on their support site, the web, etc., trying to figure out what was wrong with my VVM. Reset the phone, played other tricks & settings...nothing worked. Then I called Cricket support and they had no clue and blamed Microsoft. (As we all know, Cricket support gets their people from the shallow end of the gene pool and they know almost nothing)

Eventually, I ran into others on the web who figured out that Cricket had removed VVM from their feature set when they upgraded to a 'new & improved' voicemail system a couple months ago (not really an upgrade...they just moved to a new provider). But there has been nothing official from Cricket about eliminating VVM and their support drones won't confirm it.

On the same note, Cricket did this intentionally & quietly because they've recently stopped carrying any Win10 phones and also eliminated their Cricket app for Win phones. They left us in the wind and didn't even tell us. Even their support is mum about all this.

When it's time for a new phone, Cricket has lost me as a customer over what they did, how they handled it, keeping it quiet from us, and basically abandoning their Win10 customers.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hope they fix this since it is dumb for this to happen.

I also hope you get this working.

Recently they shut down 2G and also they migrated Voice Mail to a new system. Have you gotten the new style SIM yet? I was having some "dumb for this to happen" issues and the new style SIM resolved them.

The new SIM is all white. IMHO, nobody should be using the older green and white one any longer. And they should give it to you free as they are the ones who changed the network requiring the new SIM.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
think old sim. not sure how i will get another right now

Call or go into the store. If they push back about giving you one and try to get you to buy one, tell them that you will go to another carrier. That is what I did, and they credited me the price of a new SIM. Of course that was before we had a Cricket store anywhere near me. Now that I have actually switched, they opened a store in my town, and I suspect this would be much easier face to face.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For VVM I use Youmail on the web and ISeeVM on the phone. Better than carrier VVM anyway. I've been on it for years and used it with Straight Talk, T-Mo and Cricket. Same account, same great result. It follows you from phone to phone, OS to OS, carrier to carrier, SIM to SIM and (if need be) phone number to phone number. It just works.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Last week I had the Visual Voicemail problem crop up for me and my family. (1 Alcatel Idol 4S, and 2 Lumia 650s). I called the support line, and they performed some sort of reset on their end, but it had no effect. I ended up having to hard reset all the phones as they were all configured for VVM, and we were getting the text message (//VVM:STATUS:st=U;rc=1) several times a day. The reset at least turned off VVM so the annoying text message went away.

I may just live with old style voicemail as I don't get messages very often. or I may try ISeeVM.

If anyone figures out a fix, pleas post it.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have all the same issues on my three Lumia 650 cricket branded phones. Worse part is I am now missing a lot of calls and I get no notification of missed call or voicemail until I manually dial voicemail. Then my live tiles go live. My cricket stores tell me my green and white sim cards from October 2016 are fine and won't give me new ones. I like the savings over sprint I had since 1999 but this is horrible. Also don't go across Nebraska to Denver Colorado, no service!

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting multiple //VVM:STATUS:st=U;rc=1 txt messages each day for a few weeks. 3 or 4 times when I start charging. 3 or 4 times when I stop charging. It gets a bit bothersome as I'm used to placing my Lumia 950XL on the wireless charger multiple times each day.

After a hard-reset I tried to set-up Visual Voicemail but it failed. I called 611 who said to call my own number and set up regular voicemail first. I hung up and did as they instructed, but then tapping the voicemail icon dialed the old-school voicemail. Argh!

Another hard reset and it's back to failing VVM setup. I'll go to the Cricket store to see if they can figure this out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss