How to find What LTE Bands are used in a specific area or zip code?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been beaten to death. I have been with Cricket for 15 months and am using the Cricket Lumia 650. According to Field Test ##3284 # under band locking I have LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,28 and WCDMA 1,2,4,5,8. I am unable to find the band I am currently using in the menus. What place do I look?

I ordered the Alcatel Idol 4s Unlocked from Microsoft for $99.99, site says that it only has LTE 2,4,12 and WCDMA 1,2,4,5.

I live in South Dakota and travel and work a lot in SW Minnesota. SW MN has spotty service with my Lumia 650, am I going to have no service with the Alcatel in places due to less bands?

Thank you

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been beaten to death. I have been with Cricket for 15 months and am using the Cricket Lumia 650. According to Field Test ##3284 # under band locking I have LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,28 and WCDMA 1,2,4,5,8. I am unable to find the band I am currently using in the menus. What place do I look?

I ordered the Alcatel Idol 4s Unlocked from Microsoft for $99.99, site says that it only has LTE 2,4,12 and WCDMA 1,2,4,5.

I live in South Dakota and travel and work a lot in SW Minnesota. SW MN has spotty service with my Lumia 650, am I going to have no service with the Alcatel in places due to less bands?

Thank you

LTE bands do not vary from zip code to zip code, they vary from provider to provider and region to region :winktongue:.
LTE band.JPG

Taken from a phone arena sep 2017 article*.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
LTE bands do not vary from zip code to zip code, they vary from provider to provider and region to region :winktongue:.
View attachment 138622

Taken from a phone arena sep 2017 article*.

Thanks, I read that. What I meant is with a specific carrier. In my case ATT. I would like to know what LTE bands they are using where I live and some of the poor service areas that I travel to for work.
Dan

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I read that. What I meant is with a specific carrier. In my case ATT. I would like to know what LTE bands they are using where I live and some of the poor service areas that I travel to for work.
Dan

Ah right, maybe it's a mast issue or a refarm of spectrum?

Then again with current situation with Net Neutrality or lack thereof in the US, there could be other things at play.

Anyway, maybe this will help?

opensignal.com/networks

opensignal.com/networks/usa/at&t-coverage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos