T-Mobile "improved" voice mail

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile changed their voice mail system on Sept 29th. The announcement claimed it would be better than the old system.

I have to assume who ever wrote that is a masochist. For Windows Phone users who are NOT masochists, it is definitely worse.

No more visual voice mail where you can see new (and saved) messages and from who and when they were made. You have to learn and navigate keypad access to messages and access each new one and listen to see if its something you should respond to now.

Thanks T-Mobile!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't get many voice mails but I just tested it on my 950XL and it's working the same. I looked at the T-Mobile site and I also did a quick search online and I can't find anything about the new system. Do you have a link?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't get many voice mails but I just tested it on my 950XL and it's working the same. I looked at the T-Mobile site and I also did a quick search online and I can't find anything about the new system. Do you have a link?
I'm guessing you were/are not using visual voice mail. That was eliminated for Windows and Blackberry devices.

For several day in late September (before and after the switch) callers to Windows phones sometimes got a recording saying the number dialed does not have a valid mailbox. My wife was lucky enough to have someone mention it to her in person. When reporting to T-Mobile they eventually fixed it but only by us insisting it get bumped to level 2.

Comically, level one kept asking how many times did my wife not get a voice-mail. They had a hard time understanding that we would have no way of knowing how many people tried to leave a voice-mail but failed due to a T-Mobile problem. LoL

I went thru the same thing with my L950XL the day after the switch (Sept 29).

Of course people who didn't get calls that went to voice mail were immune and and many victims would never realize it happened.

And people who relied on Visual Voicemail and didn't understand or respond to the 3 texts T-Mobile sent in the days before the switch will still be having problems today. If you didn't get the texts, that's another black mark for T-Mobile.

I'm surprised T-Mobile did not handle this better. Aside from this, they have been outstanding.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1171?cmpid=CRM_SS_C_SVCMSG_7FT07XZ0AH1V39BO49743
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1171?cmpid=CRM_SS_C_SVCMSG_7FT07XZ0AH1V39BO49743

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have it back now too. And all my historical calls that the T-Mobile pages said Windows Phone users would have to play back by the 29th and record manually if they wanted to keep them (I didn't bother).

It definitely did not work for a few days before the 29th for my wife and for me after the 29th for apparently an unknown amount of time.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I was suspect that I was not receiving my voicemails because people said they'd called, but I had no indication that anyone had left a voicemail. Today I manually called the voicemail number and I had TWENTY-ONE freaking voicemails!!!! Some of them were doctor-related, so this is just NOT acceptable! I called T-Mobile and they said they have no information regarding my Nokia Lumia 1520 so I have to contact Microsoft. I've been on hold for Microsoft for over 10 minutes, and no sign anyone will be picking up anytime soon.

Is there anything I can do to once again receive notifications on my L1520 that someone left a voicemail? Before T-Mobile switched over to their "improved" voicemail system, I was receiving notifications of someone leaving me a voicemail.

Okay, so someone finally answered and sent me to support.b2x.com, and I went to that site and clicked on the "contact us" and put in my IMEI/serial number, and I've tried using both Edge and Internet Explorer and I can't get that frickin' site to get past the "You contact details".

I do NOT want a Google/Android phone, and I'll NEVER get an iPhone, and I absolutely LOVE my Lumia 1520, so do I have ANY way of knowing if I've received a voicemail other than calling the voicemail number and checking!?!

I sure hope someone knows and can help me. Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions (other than get a new phone).

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you receiving notifications for texts and missed calls? Did you try a soft reset? A few times in the past my 950xl stopped receiving calls/texts/VMs and a soft reset fixed it. If that doesn't work, then a hard reset is probably the best/only option. You're won't get any help from MS, W10M has been dead on the vine for a while and in a couple of weeks, "support" will officially end.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I receive texts just fine, but nothing about missed calls or voicemails. I'll try your suggestions. Thanks. Wish me luck.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If nothing else works, you MAY be able to use the ISeeVM app to use the YouMail service. I think both are free. But I don't know if the app is still viable.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I haven't yet tried any of soft and/or hard reset suggestions, but "suddenly" today I'm receiving phone call and voicemail notifications. Perhaps my chat with T-Mobile last night DID make something on their end happen. I had no problems until T-Mobile switched over to their "New & Improved!" voicemail system. I didn't realize I was having a problem - I just figured I wasn't getting anyone calling and leaving messages. I'm guessing either the Level 1 person I talked to or the Level 2 person realized something was amiss on their end and fixed it, because today it's working just fine again. Whew!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro