T-Mobile Home Internet $25/mo for life promotion

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I hope it works great for you. I had it for a time in my location and it wasn't that good at all, I ended up sending it back. Alas, coverage is important so everyone will experience it differently.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I wonder what the catch is for that service. Seems to me they had similar offers in the past and they did not keep their promise.
Would be worth checking out but unfortunately tmobile signal is so bad in my area, that it only works outside.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what the catch is for that service. Seems to me they had similar offers in the past and they did not keep their promise.
Would be worth checking out but unfortunately tmobile signal is so bad in my area, that it only works outside.
That's one catch: signal strength at device location. I'm interested in finding out if the latest device has better antennas or some way to DIY external antennas.

And even with good signal, cost per bandwidth isn't very good. I'm paying $90/mo now with Cox and the T-Mobile speed will be less than 1/4 of Cox. But for 1 TV and browsing that is more than enough.

Another catch is ethernet speeds. I tried this service when it first came out and dropped it for two reasons: (1) I have a bunch of stuff on ethernet because the devices predecessors predated high speed WiFi. It annoyed me that the GB ethernet off the initial T-Mobile device was slower than the WiFi. Since all those devices are WiFi capable, I'll just switch if the new device ethernet isn't better than the last one.

The other reason was: (2) I liked having a router I had lots of control over. The T-Mobile device is much more black box. I need to let go. LoL

The only possible very tiny downside for me to try this is if I drop Cox, several email accounts will disappear. Even if I went back to Cox later, they don't offer email anymore. But I saw that coming years ago and switched to email addresses under a domain I own. Still, it's possible someone might someday try to contact me thru one of those old Cox emails that just get spam these days.

Lee_Bo

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I read T-Mobile’s home internet is limited to 50 meg download speed.

That really stinks as this is what I’m getting from my phone (Spectrum WiFi and T-Mobile 5G) from the kitchen table:

2496d5daeb48d481736216d8fad2912a.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I read T-Mobile’s home internet is limited to 50 meg download speed.

That really stinks as this is what I’m getting from my phone (Spectrum WiFi and T-Mobile 5G) from the kitchen table:

2496d5daeb48d481736216d8fad2912a.jpg
Don't know where you read that but not true. I've been getting mid 80s to my TV.

Signal strength on the T-Mobile device is 4 of 5 bars (very good). Can get 5 bars (excellent) if I move it to the side of the house facing the tower, but don't need better and its more convenient where I have it.

Been several months now. Have noticed 3 outages of 5 or so minutes and maybe a half dozen times out for enough seconds for streaming buffers to run dry. I'm sure those happen much more often but nobody would notice if not watching TV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3