Anyone know if HTC will relase a cradle for the Arrive. My Blackberry Bold and Treo Pro each had official ones and I hate being without one now. The only one I could find was the generic leather flip cradle. Anyone hear anything. I looked and noticed the Shift did not have an official one and think that I may be out of luck for the arrive.
    05-10-2011 06:07 PM
    Considering the fact that there are no external charging contacts anywhere on the phone, I do not see how a cradle would work. Someone will probably make a stand with a little dongle/wire for plugging into the USB, but it's not as convenient as a cradle.

I think you're best bet would be to petition powermat or someone like that to make a replacement back cover for the Arrive.

Also, I have said before it would be cool to mod it to be compatible with Touchstone.
    05-10-2011 07:10 PM
    Were probably not going to get one not enough phones sold for HTC to spend the money on the R&D. Would be nice if they did make us one I would buy it
    05-10-2011 08:21 PM
    Considering the fact that there are no external charging contacts anywhere on the phone, I do not see how a cradle would work. Someone will probably make a stand with a little dongle/wire for plugging into the USB, but it's not as convenient as a cradle.

I think you're best bet would be to petition powermat or someone like that to make a replacement back cover for the Arrive.

Also, I have said before it would be cool to mod it to be compatible with Touchstone.
    You dont need external charging connectors for a cradle/dock.

I want one just like the droid X has.

Motorola Multimedia Station - Cellular phone docking station
    05-10-2011 11:46 PM
    They made them for the Touch Pro 2 and Tilt2, but just not sure if there is enough volume for WP phones, except maybe the Focus, which I don't believe has a power connector on the bottom. If all WP phones were required to have their connector bottom center, some creative entrepreneur could come up with something.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-11-2011 12:40 AM
    What do you mean by contacts? The USB charging port is on the bottom of the left side of the phone - which is perfect for a landscape dock. It would look almost exactly like this:

http://www.oriongadgets.com/images/m...-station-3.jpg

That's a Droid X dock, just like Disposed mentioned. The USB connector sits up and away from the cradle and fits perfectly into the usb charging port on the phone. I want something exactly like this, but shaped to fit the dimensions of the Arrive. I'll bet we'll see someone release a cradle like this for the Arrive.
    05-11-2011 10:26 AM
    Molding all those parts for a single device dock is very expensive and you need enough volume to justify, more than what the Arrive could provide. Plus, WP is not optimized for landscape; Start screen, Zune, etc. So unless its an alarm clock, useless. If all charging ports were bottom center, a manufacturer could make a generic dock and provide inserts to align each specific WP model to the dock. And it they were assured, like with Apple, that the port and location would not change over multiple device generations they would be willing to put a good amout of cash into development. Then you would have docks that rivaled iPhones/iPod offerings, baring any port limitations. But as soon as the Arrive fades from our memories so would the whole custom design for that dock. A manufacturer would need to charge $99.99 just to break even.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-11-2011 11:11 AM
    You could have a portrait cradle. It would be like the one for the Samsung Q1U. It's L-shaped. You put the device down and slide it to the left.
    05-11-2011 11:45 AM
    So far, I like everything it does so far. I like how you can rotate it from landscape to portrait mode. I keep mine open all day in the landscape mode and I dont have to remove from the podium to text/type. I wrapped carging waire around the base and can easily rotate phone without it being in the way. Only minor drawback is that the way it sticks to the phone makes it a little difficult to peel away. Definately not a one handed process as it was with my official BB Bold cradle and Treo Pro cradle but it works.
    05-23-2011 03:37 PM
    Is there an HTC or other smartphone device that has similar specs to the Arrive that it could be slightly modified to work with it? I know HTC recently put out a Docking Mode applet for the phones and it is nice. I was looking at the photo of the Oriongadget docking station in the previous post and it looks like a possibility. I would think, really, all we needed was a station that can hold the phone in a proper area and USB plug that fits in the appropriate area. I would really like to have a docking station along with speaker outputs for my phones now so I can keep it by my bedside. My wife is going iPhone for that very reason when she upgrades her Blackberry.
    11-13-2011 10:55 AM
    Hi John,
    I still look for a cradle all the time and my Clingo podium stand was good until it stopped sticking to the back of my phone. All I can think of is the HTC Evo Shift 4g. Anyone have one who could verify if the usb connection is situated in the same location as the HTC Arrive? Here is a link. I am thinking of buying one.

http://www.htchaven.com/seidio-deskt...5A100A8378.htm
    12-01-2011 11:23 PM
    Hi John,
    I still look for a cradle all the time and my Clingo podium stand was good until it stopped sticking to the back of my phone. All I can think of is the HTC Evo Shift 4g. Anyone have one who could verify if the usb connection is situated in the same location as the HTC Arrive? Here is a link. I am thinking of buying one.

http://www.htchaven.com/seidio-deskt...5A100A8378.htm
    it sure looks the same, if it works, I'll definitely buy one
    12-02-2011 11:36 AM
    it sure looks the same, if it works, I'll definitely buy one
    Mike, I tried it and it didnt work. :( Ohh well.
    01-05-2012 02:07 PM
    If you are refering to the belt holster other than a pouch, yes they do. I have this model picked up from Sprint itself.

Sprint - All Accessories
    01-06-2012 11:05 AM
    Mike, I tried it and it didnt work. :( Ohh well.
    boooooooo

when I saw this under new posts, I thought for sure you'd say it worked
    01-06-2012 12:28 PM
    It works for me
    01-06-2012 12:57 PM
    Thanks Kg4icg. We were looking for a desktop cradle that would work with the Arrive similar to the one in the previous link for the Evo slider.
    01-24-2012 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD