OEM 1500 mAh battery

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I know I made a post about this in another thread, but has anyone noticed this 1500 mAh battery?

HTC Incredible, EVO, Trophy Extra Capacity Battery

It's not a huge increase but I think I'm gonna buy this since it's an OEM battery. Hopefully it fits in the Verizon Trophy, but if not they have 60 day returns with free return shipping, which seals the deal for me.

The site seems legit (I belive it's affiliated with smartphonepedia.com, which gets an A+ from the BBB) so we'll see how it goes.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a couple of 1800mAH batteries (for the droid incredible) off of Ebay. They are barely thicker than the stock trophy battery, however it still keeps the back cover from fitting completely flush.

I ordered a case mate barely there (Basically a thin cover for the entire backside of the phone), which allows me to use the aftermarket batteries without the stock battery door.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Are those original HTC batteries? The reason I bought the one I did is because its an actual OEM battery so I'm more inclined to believe the claims about its capacity. How are those working out for you?

On a side note, does anyone know of a good quantitative way to test battery life without having equipment you'd normally only find in an engineering lab?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
So I opened my Droid incredible and checked out the battery. For starters its a 1300mah battery like the Trophy not a 1500. The Model # is BTR6300B just like the Trophy battery.

It also fits in the phone and works too.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense, since that site lists the battery as compatible with the Legend, Evo 4G, Wildfire, T-mo myTouch Slide and Incredible as well. They must all use the same battery.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I got the battery today. It fits in the battery compartment and powers the phone, but unfortunately it's just a bit thicker than the stock battery. When I try to put the cover back on it doesn't close all the way and is bent a little as well. So unfortunately I will be returning it and informing the site that it doesn't quite fit the trophy.

Maybe I'll look into the official extended battery. Still haven't decided if I want to deal with the bulge or not. Does anyone know how thick the phone becomes with the extended battery?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a couple of 1800mAH batteries (for the droid incredible) off of Ebay. They are barely thicker than the stock trophy battery, however it still keeps the back cover from fitting completely flush.

I ordered a case mate barely there (Basically a thin cover for the entire backside of the phone), which allows me to use the aftermarket batteries without the stock battery door.

Hmmmm .... interesting. I just ordered that case and was interested in an extended battery. Do you think the 2150mAh would still fit within that case as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo