Has anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy II S docks ?

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It seems like Samsung is moving towards standardizing the micro-usb port location. I'm wondering if anyone's had a chance to try popping the Focus S into the Galaxy S II's docks. I don't know what the chances are that Samsung will actually release real accessories for the Focus S, Windows Phone really doesn't seem to get a lot of love.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I keep wanting to buy one to try, my local store doesn't have any. Very interested as well. That is one thing I miss from my old phone, having it as my bedside clock.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have tried the GS2 vehicle dock and the only issue is that the power button is blocked by the top clip. Other than that the Focus S fits perfect. As a recent android convert I had one already for my GS2.

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the update.
Any chance the dock could be modded a bit to make the power button more accessible ? grind a bit off ?

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the update.
Any chance the dock could be modded a bit to make the power button more accessible ? grind a bit off ?

That's what i plan on trying. I'll report back once I get a chance to do it. Bear in mind you will only be able to charge the Focus S as it does not switch to a audio out through usb like the GS2 does when plugged into the dock.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
So I ground a bit off and used for about 5 minutes. I use voice commands when I am in the truck and the mount blocks the microphone so the phone can't hear you. If this is not a concern for anyone then the mount does work for charging and holding the phone in your vehicle.

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the Navigon app a while back and was thinking of using the phone to replace our aging Garmin.
Thanks for all the info :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss