Screen Protector for Titan???

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Realook from amazon.com I have one on my focus S and its super clear. I just bought my mom a titan and ordered realook screen protectors for it. I'm pretty impressed but to each his own :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Starkenator

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Realook from amazon.com I have one on my focus S and its super clear. I just bought my mom a titan and ordered realook screen protectors for it. I'm pretty impressed but to each his own :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Thanks. Decided to take the plunge. Hopefully they get here sooner than the estimated arrival date of Dec. 8th-12th.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am going to make my own out of a universal screen protector until there are more reviews out there for the existing products.

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Ordered these for $5:

EZguardZ? HTC Inspire 4G Clear screen protector shield

It comes with 5 per pack. I read on Amazon that they're kinda cheap quality but I just want something until I find a better quality one. Not too many accessories for the Titan at the moment.

I can always go with an invisibleSHIELD from ZAGG but it's $14.99 just for the screen alone and you only get one. Screw up the application and you're toast.

HTC Titan Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

And I hate screen protectors that require water to apply. Had a bad experience with an invisibleSHIELD from ZAGG for my Kodak ZI8.

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD screen coverage. I had the InvisibleSHIELD on my last two devices (Pre Plus and Pre3 4G) and I loved it.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD screen protector as well. I had a full coverage on my Focus and it was fantastic - never peeled or had an imperfection.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use either Bodyguardz or Phantomskinz on my devices. Same thing as Zagg but you get two protectors for the same price as Zagg's one, and the material isn't as rubbery feeling in my opinion.

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I use either Bodyguardz or Phantomskinz on my devices. Same thing as Zagg but you get two protectors for the same price as Zagg's one, and the material isn't as rubbery feeling in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip. Those look great and they have them for the Titan whereas Phantomskinz does not. And they have a dry-apply version. If what I ordered doesn't work out, then I'll be ordering a Bodyguardz for my Titan.

ThatTree

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Lexerd TrueVue for HTC Titan review

I'm using the Lexerd TrueVue and am happy with it.

Good points:

• It does not alter the Titan's excellent display clarity.
  • It fits perfectly, lies flat on the glass, and has cutouts to leave proximity sensor, light sensor and FFC uncovered.
  • It was easy to install. Any bubbles were successfully pushed to the edges with the supplied plastic card.
  • The included lint-free fingertip covers and microfiber cleaning cloth are nice extras.
  • There's no difference in fingerprints compared to naked glass-- it doesn't help, but it also doesn't hurt.

Issues:

• While the edges don't catch on your fingernail, you can see that they aren't as fully adhered to the screen as the rest of the protector -- there's a margin. This is noticeable in daylight or if inspected closely, but not an annoyance or very noticeable in everyday indoor use. Pushing down the edges with a credit card (or the supplied bubble-squeezeout card) unfortunately doesn't help get rid of these margins; the good news is that the margins are quite narrow and do not overlap with the LCD in any way. (All of the other clear protectors I've used on other phones have had this same issue.)
  • The texture, while perfectly smooth, has the tiniest bit of drag when scrolling with your finger compared to naked Titan glass. I don't find this annoying in everyday use, but it is a noticeable difference.

Starkenator

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Realook does not fit!

Thanks. Decided to take the plunge. Hopefully they get here sooner than the estimated arrival date of Dec. 8th-12th.

Well I got the Realook case and it looks good on the Titan except it is TOO BIG. I don't know if it was just the one I tried or if it is a common problem but it is just a hair too long. It is too much hassle to return so I cut the bottom and the bottom corners slightly and now it seals on fine but it looks pretty tacky. From the top edge it is hard to see that there is even a protector on. If it fit perfectly I would highly recommend but since it can't I would say to avoid it. I have used Boxwave protectors for years and probably should have stuck with them.

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I also ordered and applied the Realook screen protector on my Titan. The cut of the SP is so precise, that there's absolutely no room for error. After reapplying the sp 3 times, I got it where only the bottom corner tips are slightly lifted onto the plastic edge of the screen. Dust doesn't get underneath and the sp doesn't peel up, it just rests on the very edge of the plastic. I woke up to an email this morning from Realook saying they got some complaints about the cut and said they're making and shipping "smaller" sp's to the original buyers. I should get mine in a week or so. I've read some success stories, so I may try again with the second sp while waiting for the "smaller" sp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)