08-19-2012 08:26 AM
29 12
tools
    Which is the best screen protector for the Lumia 900? I'd like something that doesn't smudge or get finger prints easily. But at the same time I don't want it to take away from the clarity or sharpness of the Clear Black AMOLED screen.

Thanks!
    04-11-2012 10:29 PM
    My AT&T rep put a Moshi iVisor on my L900 at the store. Matte finish and have still not wiped the screen in 5 days. Honestly don't know where the fingerprints go. Only downside is they made cutouts in the blackened edges for the AT&T logo and FFC, but completely covered the NOKIA logo. Way to go guys.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-11-2012 10:37 PM
    Anybody use the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield?

I'm also looking for a screen protector, but only a certain type. I really like the smooth feel of the glass. I've only used one protector, a Zagg InvisiShield on my Focus. I hated how sticky/rubbery it felt. It only lasted about a week before I took it off.
    04-11-2012 11:26 PM
    ArmorSuit MilitaryShield is pretty easy to install. it definitely doesnt have that rubbery texture to it. its smooth!
    04-14-2012 05:01 PM
    I bought this: Amazon.com: NOKIA LUMIA 900 4 PC GIFT ACCESSORY PACK - SOLID BLACK TPU GEL CASE, 2 SCREEN PROTECTORS, MICRO-USB DATA CABLE, QUBITS MICROFIBRE CARRY POUCH, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Cell Phones & Accessories

The case itself is junk, but the screen protectors seem to work great.

I am still using my Incipio case which has been very good. The Incipio case came with a screen protector but I had some problems with it unfortunately.
    04-15-2012 08:02 AM
    Doesn't a screen protector defeat the purpose of the AMOLED screen?
    04-16-2012 10:14 PM
    Doesn't a screen protector defeat the purpose of the AMOLED screen?
    Doesn't a scratched screen defeat the purpose of the, great to look at, AMOLED screen. Just sayin.

KoukiFC3S likes this.
    04-16-2012 10:17 PM
    Doesn't a scratched screen defeat the purpose of the, great to look at, AMOLED screen. Just sayin.

Does gorilla glass scratch easily? If you don't put the phone in the pocket with keys or coins and such, can you get away with not having a screen protector?
    04-16-2012 10:51 PM
    I ordered a Zagg Screen protector. Had one on my HTC Inspire 4G. I figure this... it has a 45 day money back guarantee on it... if I'm not happy, I return it. I've had it on my Kindle Fire since December, and the sucker holds up pretty well.
    04-16-2012 11:08 PM
    I use the wet install ZAGG InvisaShield and I like it a lot :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by 0mie; 04-17-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    Loiselle likes this.
    04-17-2012 12:24 AM
    I got the Zagg, front and back as it was 50% off for me at the store. I'm probably gonna do just the screen and see if I can handle it not being bare.
    04-17-2012 12:41 AM
    I got the Zagg, front and back as it was 50% off for me at the store. I'm probably gonna do just the screen and see if I can handle it not being bare.
    I get all my ZAGG shields free, so it's a no brainer for me ;P
    04-17-2012 12:43 AM
    I've never gotten a scratch on a gorilla glass screen. iPhones, Samsung Focus and now the Lumia 900. I hate screen covers.
    04-17-2012 12:44 AM
    Does gorilla glass scratch easily? If you don't put the phone in the pocket with keys or coins and such, can you get away with not having a screen protector?
    True. But the point is, it can scratch. So the lesson here is, "be careful or get protection". Choice is yours.

04-17-2012 08:50 AM
    True. But the point is, it can scratch. So the lesson here is, "be careful or get protection". Choice is yours.

That can be applied to many things in life ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    RiseAgainst94 likes this.
    04-17-2012 01:55 PM
    I get all my ZAGG shields free, so it's a no brainer for me ;P
    I could get them free as well... But I already paid $0 for the device and will get $100 credit. I had to give my boy something. Lol.
    04-17-2012 11:29 PM
    Is that the zagg 'dry install' one at AT&T?

Does it have any effect on the colors from the screen, or is it truly "invisible"?
    Last edited by pezman726; 04-18-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    04-18-2012 07:18 AM
    Just did the wet install on my 900.

Now the curing process.......... it's the toughest part.
    04-20-2012 12:10 PM
    it doesn't, but it's the dust that actually can cause a scratch, happens generally when you're dry cleaning your screen. Its happened to my iPod touch.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    04-21-2012 02:35 PM
    Just did the wet install on my 900.

Now the curing process.......... it's the toughest part.
    I've done the same thing with the Skinomi TechSkin
    04-21-2012 07:37 PM
    Is that the zagg 'dry install' one at AT&T?

Does it have any effect on the colors from the screen, or is it truly "invisible"?
    Zagg guy came to my store today and he installed it on the front (demonstration) of my iPhone 4S (as I did the back) and you would never know it was there until you touched the screen.

It hasn't effected the effectiveness, but it does feel weird as I never use protection.
    04-21-2012 09:19 PM
    I just installed the Skinomi, but the first attempt failed in terms of alignment and I reapplied it 5 minutes later. Tons of bubbles, now I'm waiting to see WTH happens. Stay tuned...
    04-21-2012 10:02 PM
    My AT&T rep put a Moshi iVisor on my L900 at the store. Matte finish and have still not wiped the screen in 5 days. Honestly don't know where the fingerprints go. Only downside is they made cutouts in the blackened edges for the AT&T logo and FFC, but completely covered the NOKIA logo. Way to go guys.

I got the same one but I'm not liking it so far. The anti-glare makes the beautiful blacks seem a lot lighter and when there are solid colors it looks grainy. The anti-fingerprint feature is awesome though. I just wish the clear protectors were as anti-fingerprint as this matte one.
    04-23-2012 03:33 PM
    I got the Zagg installed at the local ATT store this evening and the guy seems to have blotched it. I think its the dry install since he didn't use any liquid. The alignment is a little off and there a couple of big *** bubbles the size of acne. It was the last one and so they couldn't change it. He said the bubbles will be gone in a couple of days.

Question is can I return it and get my money back? Is my nokia screen ruined if I let it cure? On my previous iPhone never had a shield and not had a scratch in the 3 yrs I had it. The only reason I considered the screen protector was the nokia glass was getting a lot dirtier than the iPhone with all the smudges and dulling. Please let me know what I should do based on your experience. Thanks.
    04-26-2012 08:30 PM
    Anyone try the Rearth screen protectors?
    Amazon.com: [Ultimate Clear] AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Rearth Ringbo Screen Protector Cover Film with SHIPPING(2-3days)+Tracking+Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Galaxy Nexus owners have loved the cases and I think also the screen protector, but I was wondering if anyone actually had first hand experience with the Lumia 900 screen protector.
    04-28-2012 01:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD