Nokia Headphones

lhickam

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh sweet, that's a good deal, have you tried them before?
nope.. I have the earbuds coming on Monday or Tuesday. But there seems to be a nasty glitch where inline functions on all headphones do not work properly with the 900 when it is asleep... and nokia has not said anything acknowledging the problem.

CheesyJif

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
nope.. I have the earbuds coming on Monday or Tuesday. But there seems to be a nasty glitch where inline functions on all headphones do not work properly with the 900 when it is asleep... and nokia has not said anything acknowledging the problem.
Well doesn't sound fabulous >.>
can't you try them on at AT&T???

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

I ordered a pair, had this issue. Ordered a replacement, same issue. Looks to be a phone problem, unfortunately. No response on the Nokia support forums

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
that's not good

No, no it isn't. Hopefully we can get some visibility on this issue. I emailed the guys here to see if they could make an article about it and maybe ask Nokia on an official capacity. Think one of the fan sites would get more traction than a couple users asking for help on forums

CheesyJif

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
No, no it isn't. Hopefully we can get some visibility on this issue. I emailed the guys here to see if they could make an article about it and maybe ask Nokia on an official capacity. Think one of the fan sites would get more traction than a couple users asking for help on forums
Couldn't be more true

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my phone on Sunday in store, I was eligible (but I don't know why or how) for $100 in free accessories. They happened to have a set of UrBeats by Dr. Dre in stock for $99. At that point, I figured... "Why not?"

Also, it says, under compatibility, that the Nokia Lumia 900 is supported.

Currently, I'm using a HTC HD7S, and not all of the functions work on that phone... like track skip forward and backwards... so here's hoping it works as described. They lady who showed them to me said they work flawlessly.

lhickam

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a pair, had this issue. Ordered a replacement, same issue. Looks to be a phone problem, unfortunately. No response on the Nokia support forums
Got my Nokia Purity in ear's in the mail today. They have the same problem as other headphones that I have tried. The pause/play functionality stops reliably working when the phone is asleep.. works about 20% of the time.

Everything works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is active... really upsetting.

Fortunately I really like the headphones and might keep them anyways.. but I hope Nokia has a response about fixing this issue soon.. or I will have to return the phone.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Got my Nokia Purity in ear's in the mail today. They have the same problem as other headphones that I have tried. The pause/play functionality stops reliably working when the phone is asleep.. works about 20% of the time.

Everything works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is active... really upsetting.

Fortunately I really like the headphones and might keep them anyways.. but I hope Nokia has a response about fixing this issue soon.. or I will have to return the phone.

Yeah, that's the only reason why I haven't bought a pair yet. Waiting on fix before dropping a hun on a set.

pwdrskr

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
These headphones do not work!

Will AT&T be getting the Purity HD headphones in blue soon?, I really hope so because they look awesome.

Don't get them, they don't work. :mad: On my second pair and none of the in line controls work, ever regardless of the state the phone is in.

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my phone on Sunday in store, I was eligible (but I don't know why or how) for $100 in free accessories. They happened to have a set of UrBeats by Dr. Dre in stock for $99. At that point, I figured... "Why not?"

Currently, I'm using a HTC HD7S, and not all of the functions work on that phone... like track skip forward and backwards... so here's hoping it works as described. They lady who showed them to me said they work flawlessly.

Hi, Can you tell if the urbeats worked with the Lumia 900. I just got the ibeats and the inline functions dont seem to work for me

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

The wired handsfree that came with my HD7 (Bell; Canada) have volume & play/pause with Bluetooth functionality and worked flawlessly from day 1 til I lost them. The better part of a year. No track selection functionality though.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
No updates. On the 900, both the Nokia in-ear and on-ear controller works great until you turn the phone's screen off. At that point the volume works all the time, pause/play works about 60% of the time, the previous/next track about 10% of the time. I've contacted Nokia via their website and twitter. I got a long email via the website that said nothing, and I got a consistent reply of "the issue has been escalated" from the nokia care twitter account for about a month. I continue to ask about the issue every week, but now I don't get any reply at all.

The craziest thing is the controls work all the time with 3d party apps like metro radio, siriusxm, etc.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've just given up asking. Its really annoying and I'm looking towards abandoning Nokia for Samsung for WP8 due to it

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, the Focus S has a problem with the controllers as well. So going Samsung may not fix the issue. I do know the HTC phones work perfectly; my Titan worked great with all wp7 headsets (not iphone compatible headsets of course)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster