Nokia Headphones

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes mine did too. Interestingly, the Focus S didn't come bundled with the same three button in-ears that the original Focus did, it came with single button ear buds.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I certainly can't fault Nokia for lack of customer service. I have been bugging the Nokia Care twitter account for months regarding this issue, and today they asked me to forward all the details to an email address. About an hour later I got an email stating:

While this issue is being investigated by the appropriate team, we would like offer to send you a Play 360 Wireless Speaker. We would just need your IMEI, home mailing address and phone#.

Kind regards,
Nokia Care US Team

After I forwarded the info, I got an email with a tracking number, UPS Priority Overnight.

I really love Nokia, they have won me over in a major way. Not just this, but the way they handled the connection problems on the first wave of 900's, the exclusive apps, etc.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice. I tried bugging them a bit on the twitter and their customer care forums but it got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered to keep at it. Kudos. Hopefully the fix the damn problem but unfortunately it looks like I'll be getting a new WP 8 phone by the time they fix it

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm afraid a fix isn't coming. I've been using the bt Harman Karden's lately, and I'm going to pick up a pair of the Parrot Zik's next week, but it still sucks.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Any update on this? Apparently Tango doesn't fix the issue? I'm going to abandon Nokia simply because of this issue. The lack of customer care response is appalling, and I can't believe I blew so much money on what are basically worthless headphones

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my set, guess I got extremely lucky from the responses in this post.
*Looking at my Purity set, "I love you so much!!"*

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Also, forgot to say about the most important thing, the sound. The Purity's sound is great, was extremely impressed by it. Had to change out the silicon buds to the next size, that at first didn't seem to fit in my ears. But I soon realized it was the perfect size, cause it will cut out any noise in the background. I rarely can stand to put the volume past 20, cause it's really that clear and loud. Great purchase, no regrets on it.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my set, guess I got extremely lucky from the responses in this post.
*Looking at my Purity set, "I love you so much!!"*

You are saying that your inline controls (pause / play / skip forward and skip back) work perfectly fine when the phone's screen is off?

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You are saying that your inline controls (pause / play / skip forward and skip back) work perfectly fine when the phone's screen is off?
Yes, it does and I didn't know I could actually skip forward or skip back, until today, once I finally watch a YouTube video of how to do it. I must say, the instructions, wasn't clear on this at all. I looked over it again and again(EN is only 9 pages long), and nothing about the fact I can control what track is playing played(FF or RW). Until it was explained on the video. Tap twice to Forward track and tap 3 times to go back. I did notice I have to do the actions quickly or it will Stop/Play the current track, if you don't. Using it now, works fine for me. I'm more impressed with the overall sound, more than anything.

*I do wish that plugging in the headphones, and just pressing the middle button would bring up Zune on it's own, instead of having to open it up. But then again, I can just speak into the mic and tell it to "Open Zune" (lazy I guess)*

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I certainly can't fault Nokia for lack of customer service. I have been bugging the Nokia Care twitter account for months regarding this issue, and today they asked me to forward all the details to an email address. About an hour later I got an email stating:

While this issue is being investigated by the appropriate team, we would like offer to send you a Play 360 Wireless Speaker. We would just need your IMEI, home mailing address and phone#.

Kind regards,
Nokia Care US Team

After I forwarded the info, I got an email with a tracking number, UPS Priority Overnight.

I really love Nokia, they have won me over in a major way. Not just this, but the way they handled the connection problems on the first wave of 900's, the exclusive apps, etc.
Wow! That will be my next purchase, I do wish we had NFC to just tap on it sync.
Enjoy your gift!

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it does and I didn't know I could actually skip forward or skip back, until today, once I finally watch a YouTube video of how to do it. I must say, the instructions, wasn't clear on this at all. I looked over it again and again(EN is only 9 pages long), and nothing about the fact I can control what track is playing played(FF or RW). Until it was explained on the video. Tap twice to Forward track and tap 3 times to go back. I did notice I have to do the actions quickly or it will Stop/Play the current track, if you don't. Using it now, works fine for me. I'm more impressed with the overall sound, more than anything.

*I do wish that plugging in the headphones, and just pressing the middle button would bring up Zune on it's own, instead of having to open it up. But then again, I can just speak into the mic and tell it to "Open Zune" (lazy I guess)*

I find this quite odd as you might be the only one I've seen that says they work. You're saying that you can do this reliably with the screen off? I can only do it with absurd amount of failed effort and can never skip backwards

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I find this quite odd as you might be the only one I've seen that says they work. You're saying that you can do this reliably with the screen off? I can only do it with absurd amount of failed effort and can never skip backwards
Yes, able to use it with the screen off, but I will be honest, it's confusing as heck. I had to get adjusted to it, not quickly doing it, as it does when the screen is on. It does take a couple of seconds to go backwards or forwards. Even the volume take a couple of seconds to respond, but all controls work fine for me. The odds of me actually using it on constant basis is really slim to none. After finding out, what it can do, I will still end up looking at the screen to change stuff. Out of habit, I guess, but it's hard for me not to look at the screen and mess around in a app or two. One thing is for sure, MS lied about just getting in and out with their phones, cause I'm always inside these phones.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What I've found over time is that, if I can get it to respond to the double and triple click, it will do it for the duration of that session of listening. Unfortunately, those successful sessions are pretty rare. Usually, I can get it to respond to single click (pause/play) about 80% of the time. It's still incredibly frustrating.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, able to use it with the screen off, but I will be honest, it's confusing as heck. I had to get adjusted to it, not quickly doing it, as it does when the screen is on. It does take a couple of seconds to go backwards or forwards. Even the volume take a couple of seconds to respond, but all controls work fine for me. The odds of me actually using it on constant basis is really slim to none. After finding out, what it can do, I will still end up looking at the screen to change stuff. Out of habit, I guess, but it's hard for me not to look at the screen and mess around in a app or two. One thing is for sure, MS lied about just getting in and out with their phones, cause I'm always inside these phones.

I'm betting that if you used just the headphone controls, it would be sporadic just like it is for everyone else. It's an unfortunate bug that I can't see them fixing. The funny thing is, if you use a 3rd party music app like spotify or metroradio, the controls work perfectly, 100% of the time. It's just the stock music player that has the problems. I've always guessed it has something to do with the way wp7 handles the stock applications in memory, but then again I had an HTC Titan that worked great...

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting that if you used just the headphone controls, it would be sporadic just like it is for everyone else. It's an unfortunate bug that I can't see them fixing. The funny thing is, if you use a 3rd party music app like spotify or metroradio, the controls work perfectly, 100% of the time. It's just the stock music player that has the problems. I've always guessed it has something to do with the way wp7 handles the stock applications in memory, but then again I had an HTC Titan that worked great...
You could be right, as I stated before, it would a rare time for me to use it, all the time with the screen off, I'm just accustomed to looking at the screen. I will give it another go today, see if I run into any issues, while the screen is off. Been so used to my ZuneHD and Creative Vision: M, hard trying to use the controls without looking at the screen..lol.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
after read this thread for some purity have problem and other they say they work very well so what is verdict :confused:
Honestly, sound quality wise, they're great! It seems to be, that some are having control issues when the screen is locked and off, and some are not. If you're looking for great sounding headphones, these are great! If controls with the screen completely off, seems from the responses, it's a 50/50 chance that you could encounter the same issue or not run across it. Mine, no issues at all and they match my beautiful Cyan L900!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077