Anyone find a dock for the 900? Is it even possible since the usb port is on the top?
    04-17-2012 06:43 PM
    One guy made one out of Lego... There's an article about it here on wpcentral. It's pretty sweet, actually. But as far as one you could buy... No.
    04-17-2012 07:08 PM
    Anyone find a dock for the 900? Is it even possible since the usb port is on the top?
    If they would allow the screen to auto-rotate 180 degrees, then a usb dock would be easy.

If only Nokia would monitor these forums...:unsure:
    04-18-2012 09:25 PM
    If they would allow the screen to auto-rotate 180 degrees, then a usb dock would be easy.

If only Nokia would monitor these forums...:unsure:
    Would be a great feature, was one of the first things I thought about when I picked this phone up, (Hmmm, wow would a dock work.) ... 180 Degree rotation would be fantastic.
    04-19-2012 01:03 PM
    04-20-2012 05:09 AM
    You can't really do a dock for micro-USB devices. I wonder if that's why iDevices have the 32-pin connector so it's wide enough to support a dock.
    04-22-2012 04:22 AM
    You can't really do a dock for micro-USB devices. I wonder if that's why iDevices have the 32-pin connector so it's wide enough to support a dock.
    ?? I have docks for both my HTC Evo 4g and my Nexus S 4g - which have a micro-usb connectors. They work great. It's definitely possible.
    04-23-2012 07:31 AM
    yea, I used a dock for my focus s, and gnex that both had microUSB connectors.

i'd still be using that dock for my nokia if they had put the USB port on the bottom instead of the top...

the housing around the usb connector can be made wide to accommodate various designs, it's just plastic after all. it's the non-uniformity of the location of the USB ports on the handsets that make it hard for companies to make a bunch of docks
    04-23-2012 03:52 PM
    This is really the biggest thing I miss in making the switch over to the L900. My original Galaxy S (Captivate) had a dock - and it's usb port was on the "top" of the device. It laid on it's side and slid "left" into the charging port. I see no reason the same couldn't be done with the Lumia 900. The one downer is that, as it has been rightly mentioned, no auto-rotate. But I could deal with a hastily developed app that basically served as a clock/notification center that was oriented landscape...the real pain would be having to launch it every time you dock it (or undock it).

Now to go search for that Lego solution. Yes, I'm that desperate. :)
    04-25-2012 10:28 AM
    This is more of a stand than a dock, per se.

But for $3.99 shipped, it does a decent job on my desk allowing for the phone to sit upright...

Amazon.com: EMPIRE Nokia Lumia 900 / Lumia 710 Black Mini Folding Stand [EMPIRE Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-30-2012 05:40 PM
    This is really the biggest thing I miss in making the switch over to the L900. My original Galaxy S (Captivate) had a dock - and it's usb port was on the "top" of the device. It laid on it's side and slid "left" into the charging port. I see no reason the same couldn't be done with the Lumia 900. The one downer is that, as it has been rightly mentioned, no auto-rotate. But I could deal with a hastily developed app that basically served as a clock/notification center that was oriented landscape...the real pain would be having to launch it every time you dock it (or undock it).

Now to go search for that Lego solution. Yes, I'm that desperate. :)
    Saw a "dock" stand made of bamboo at box wave thts 19.99 with free shipping very cool lookingYou can go to BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More and look for bamboo dock for the Nokia 900.
    05-30-2012 07:16 PM
    06-04-2012 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD