I got myself a Jolt GSM SIM card and i ordered the MICRO SIM CARD CUTTER With 2 FREE ADAPTERS Convert Card NOOSY Retail Pakage (SZ) [WCD187] from Amazon.

I know that this is not technically an accessory, but in case there are those out there who are looking at getting one of these puppies, this is for you.

The cutter is pretty hefty and big. Don't expect something light weight, you need to make sure that you have eaten your porridge in the morning before using this.

It comes with 4 micro sim card adaptors.

Be careful when you use it, i experimented cutting a T-Mobile SIM card and handled the cutter in a casual off hand manner. Yes, the skin on my palm paid the price :D

But as to it's function? it cuts true. I was able to take my Jolt SIM card, and after cutting it with the cutter, placed it into my Lumia 900 SIM card tray without any issues and it worked first time.

And yes, now it is going to collect dust on the mantle...
    Sarawithanh likes this.
    05-12-2012 03:00 PM
    Have you used the sim card adapters and if so do they work well?
    11-14-2013 10:26 AM
    I use sim card adapters on the daily at Geek Squad to give out loaner phones and I have never had an issue with them. They have always worked perfectly.

That being said, I haven't used to exact ones the OP used.
    Sarawithanh likes this.
    11-14-2013 11:28 AM
    Could you perhaps recommend a good sim card cutter and what kind of adapters do you use? I'm shopping for these items on amazon and they all have mixed reviews, i'm too nervous to cut my card myself, its a t-mobile card if that matters and i wanna use it in my new lumia 521
    11-14-2013 12:47 PM
    Eek I don't recall which ones we use at work but I can check next time I go in (Friday)
    Sarawithanh likes this.
    11-14-2013 01:20 PM
    That would be awesome
    11-14-2013 01:44 PM
    AFAIK, There are three card sizes, standard, mini, and nano.
    I borrowed a standard to mini cutter, worked well, and was able to use the scrap as an adapter to go back up. No problem!
    I just bought the metal one on amazon to cut down to Nano. You will need the adapter to go back up to Mini, as the scrap did not survive the cut from mini to nano. IDK If you cut from standard to nano if you will be able to use the scrap.
    But also, you have to file the nano to a nice finish. Make sure it fits the adapter well before you jam it in your device and ruin the SIM card slot.
    I used a nail file.
    I would not recommend this procedure as it will void you warranty if any damage occurs. Just go get a new card, it is usually free, they can transfer your info, and you don't have to wait for a week for shipping from amazon.
    If you do have to cut your card, be meticulous in finishing it properly.
    12-14-2013 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD