headsets from nokia

cinek

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
this is kind of a general question about the headsets which will be offered by nokia for the 920

Nokia Purity Pro Wireless Stereo Headset by Monster <- don't think it's out
Nokia Purity HD Stereo Headset by Monster
Nokia Purity Stereo Headset by Monster

how do these compare to others in terms of sound quality? I'm highly unlikely to get the wireless one (too easy to lose & steal), but I'm thinking about getting the other 2 when I get the 920.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
From Nokia USA, below are the box contents:
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Fast USB Charger AC-16
Battery BP-4GW 2000 mAh
Nokia Charging and Data Cable (CA-190CD)
Nokia Headset WH-208
Quick guide

cinek

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
From Nokia USA, below are the box contents:
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Fast USB Charger AC-16
Battery BP-4GW 2000 mAh
Nokia Charging and Data Cable (CA-190CD)
Nokia Headset WH-208
Quick guide

the headsets which come with the phones are usually rubbish hence why I'm looking for something better

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
the headsets which come with the phones are usually rubbish hence why I'm looking for something better

Do you just want headphones or headphones that have compatible call/volume buttons? If you want to have those call/volume buttons you might be better off with Nokia Purity Stereo Headset or similar.

If not, you have much over 50 brands in the $80-150 range, not to talk about models. Just visit Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors and look around.... then spent $100 over your budget like i usually end up doing. ;)

I recommend Denon's or Ultimate Ears, Sennheiser's do just fine as well.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The hd headsets are on ear, while the regular purity's are in ear. I have both, and I think the in ear sound much better. I was very underwhelmed by the purity hd's. Thin is the best way I can describe them. The two are very different form factors, so that may decide it for you. If I was you I'd get the in ear set.

Personally I'm very anxious to try the bluetooth set. As you could see from one of my other threads, I'm pretty crazy about bluetooth headsets. I've tried most of the great ones; I'll be purchasing the Parrot Zik's this weekend, and I'll certainly get the Purity Pro Wireless set when they come out.

cinek

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The hd headsets are on ear, while the regular purity's are in ear. I have both, and I think the in ear sound much better. I was very underwhelmed by the purity hd's. Thin is the best way I can describe them. The two are very different form factors, so that may decide it for you. If I was you I'd get the in ear set.

Personally I'm very anxious to try the bluetooth set. As you could see from one of my other threads, I'm pretty crazy about bluetooth headsets. I've tried most of the great ones; I'll be purchasing the Parrot Zik's this weekend, and I'll certainly get the Purity Pro Wireless set when they come out.

thanks, might have to look for alternative headphones with WP controls

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the WH-208 headset that come with the 920 have call/receive AND music control function?

It does, but no volume controls.

Does anyone know any earbuds that has compatible inline volume controls? Tried using my beats solo hd and skullcandy but the volume controls don't work :(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It does, but no volume controls.

Does anyone know any earbuds that has compatible inline volume controls? Tried using my beats solo hd and skullcandy but the volume controls don't work :(

those are made to work with ios. You need to find a set that are compatible with windows phone. Try the nokia purity in ears, they sound great.

Now, keep in mind the 900s have a problem with the controller not working consistently when the screen is off. I have no clue if they fixed this issue with the 920. I'll check when my yellow 920 gets here ;)

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
those are made to work with ios. You need to find a set that are compatible with windows phone. Try the nokia purity in ears, they sound great.

Now, keep in mind the 900s have a problem with the controller not working consistently when the screen is off. I have no clue if they fixed this issue with the 920. I'll check when my yellow 920 gets here ;)

Please check and report back. Thanks.

Last edited:

thelastred

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Try
- urbeats (HTC)
- htc beats solo
- Sony smart headset
- Nocs NS200H-001
- Nokia purity hd and inears
They all work for Lumia I tried them ( BC of marketing reason it does not say it on package)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Try
- urbeats (HTC)
- htc beats solo
- Sony smart headset
- Nocs NS200H-001
- Nokia purity hd and inears
They all work for Lumia I tried them ( BC of marketing reason it does not say it on package)

The controller that comes with the htc beats solo works with windows phone? Next track/previous track/volume? This is from personal experience? If so I'm wondering if they changed the controller, because my experience was different.

Keep in mind, when you say it does, you might be convincing people to plunk down $100+

thelastred

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The HTC beats work on Nokia HTC Samsung windowsphone i don't know about any other company. Also keep in mind that HTC beats track buttons work as volume buttons even for the HTC windows phone. To change track you double tap the play button. Keep in mind that you need to buy a HTC version of beats.the iphone beats will not work

radioage54

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know when the Nokia Purity Pro HD Wireless Stereo Headsets will come out in the US? Can't find any info on availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786