Hey All,

What do you think the chances are of Nokia releasing a bluetooth audio gateway with their other accessories? I'd love to hook something up to my stereo system and link it with my Lumia 920 (or any other Bluetooth phone). It would be great to 'tap' the NFC and then have music playing through your audio system. I know the Bluetooth audio quality isn't that great but it would save from having yet another system hooked up in people's living rooms.

Additionally I think they could make a higher end model with WiFi and HDMI out to hook up with their Play To app for people that don't have an Xbox/DLNA type machine.

Do you think this could be a route or are they pushing the JBL systems?
    09-21-2012 12:10 PM
    You could use any Bluetooth receiver and just put your own NFC tag on it.
    10-08-2012 01:01 PM
    You could use any Bluetooth receiver and just put your own NFC tag on it.
    Wow, I had no idea that was possible! I came across this website which talks about how to do it, although it focusses on Android. Do you know of any other tutorials?

Thanks!

Weekend Project: Make Your Own NFC Tags
    10-08-2012 03:10 PM
    Basically what the original op just described was the BlackBerry Media Gateway that they came out with 2 month's ago.
    10-10-2012 11:34 AM
    Wow, I had no idea that was possible! I came across this website which talks about how to do it, although it focusses on Android. Do you know of any other tutorials?

Thanks!

Weekend Project: Make Your Own NFC Tags
    I do not but, I'm certain it'll be very similar to program via a Lumia and I'm sure someone will make a youtube vid about it. :)
    10-12-2012 03:17 PM
    Have you seen the Nokia MD-310? I have one and it works great.

Nokia Wireless Music Receiver (EU, Black) #MD-310BLK - Expansys USA
    10-17-2012 12:10 AM
    The only thing that worries me about this is the level of control the NFC app will have over key WP processes. In Android you pretty much have access to everything and a tag can trigger whatever you want (volume, bluetooth/wireless, set alarms, trigger apps, send sms/email). With the more locked down WP environment I wonder if NFC will be as useful as people will expect it to be...
    10-19-2012 05:53 AM
    Have you seen the Nokia MD-310? I have one and it works great.

Nokia Wireless Music Receiver (EU, Black) #MD-310BLK - Expansys USA
    Just checked that out and I'm wondering if it has a 3.5mm audio output port (female) as that is what's currently in my car.
    dula714 likes this.
    11-15-2012 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD