JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I didn't realize there were two versions of the JBL Power Up Speakers. Model MD-100 and they have a model MD-51 that's smaller. Both claim to have wireless charging and NFC but they otherwise look identical. Interestingly enough, Amazon lists both as having a lithium ion battery. Are these things portable with it's own power supply like the Jambox? I was leaning towards the Jambox for that reason, but would definitely get the Power Up if it has a built in battery.

Model MD-51:
Amazon.com: Nokia MD-51W JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia - Retail Packaging - Cyan: Cell Phones & Accessories

Model MD-100:
Amazon.com: Nokia MD-100W JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia - Retail Packaging - Cyan: Cell Phones & Accessories

I wonder what the sound differences on each are as well. Nokia website is very spartan on the specs and JBL doesn't even list these. Why all the secrecy?

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Got mine (Black) from ATT delivered yesterday. Pairing was easy. NFC worked as expected. Charging - no issues. I like how the landing area illuminates when the phone is close.

I would rate the sound a 3.5 out of 5. It's a bit too bass sounding than I would like. I have it bedside, where I charge the phone overnight.

I agree with the rating....maybe go as high as 4...I found that if you have the volume up over 20 or so, you can hear a hiss. It's not bad but noticeable depending on if you are streaming or playing a file locally. Also, I had my first reboot. I had music streaming from either iHartRadio or Nokia Music and was messing with the volume and bam....reboot.

cae758

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The cyan is back in stock on AT&T again still for $150 if anyone is interested. I purchased mine earlier today immediately after seeing it , so as not to miss out on the deal.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that ordered a Cyan actually gotten theres? I placed the order minutes after the story went live on WPCentral, and still no shipping. I've been told multiple times now that there is insufficient stock to fulfill my order and I'll get an email when it ships. Despite that, they still seem to be taking orders.

I swear, AT&T is one of the most frustrating companies out there. Past 3 orders with them, Cyan L900, Yellow L920 and now this, have had the exact same thing happen. They take my order, but suddenly I get this low stock excuse despite the fact that they're still willing to take orders on the website. Eventually I end up getting it in a week or two, but it's very frustrating that they take this approach towards inventory management / customer service. Oh yeah, and in the past I didn't actually receive the shipment notification until after I got my item. Great job....

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 2 units by 7am the day the price changed. I then purchased a 3rd unit 5 days later after I received the first 2. The 3rd nit came in 3 days later. All of them are Cyan.

Norbert Sabic

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a JBL PowerUp charging speaker for half a year now, and I was wondering if anybody ever used the micro-USB connector on it. Was there any software update?

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if any other PowerUp owners have issues with the capacitive controls on the speaker. Mine inevitably stop working after a certain amount of time (maybe a couple of hours or so of playback) and the only way to restore them is by shutting off power to the speakers and back on again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon