Invisible Shield

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Installed a Ghost Armor Matte on the 920 and now the wrapsol. The Matte Ghost Armor is really nice esp on a matte phone. However, the top piece doesn't have a cut out for the top mic and the front screen isn't cut out for the light sensor.

Applied the Wrapsol Ultra on. The front and top pieces have the proper cut outs. It's really clear and looks awesome. However, I hope they release a matte version down the road...

Hey. Where did you buy this Wrapsol screen protector from? I checked the Wrapsol site and they dont list the 920.

Thanks

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
WARNING about some of the "complete protection" kits that cover all sides of the phone. I got a kit from these guys: Nokia Lumia 920 Extended Protector | Clear Protector

The piece that goes on top covers the noise canceling mic. As a result it throws the phone off and your calls sound horrible. If you get a complete protection kit like this don't put that piece on or cut a hole for that mic. That mic CANNOT be covered.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've use an invisible shield on a couple of phones and I like them. The bubbles go away after a few days of use and I like the thickness and protection it offers.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you can pay half the price of Zagg if you go with TechArmor or Clear Protector. All of these guys operate out of Utah...I suspect under the same roof just different brands.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I actually by chance went there yesterday and saw that they had them listed. They even had 40% off. I ordered the Ultra.

Did you do a wet install? I know its a dry install protector, but in my research, alot of ppl recommended still installing the ultra wet, as that gave them the best results.

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually did a dry install it. You just have to use the flat edge and work your way out from the middle. It'll look kinda sucka at first, but all the bubbles and stuff will disappear after 24 hrs. If lint or whatnot gets stuck underneath, I'll hit it with the solution to scrape off the lint and then wet install that part. But at the end of the day, I prefer the dry way. Just leave the tabs on and line it up. Lightly stick it down. I'll then work from the middle and work my way up. After that, I'll start at the middle and work my way down.

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Invisible shield on both my Canon camera and my (previous) Palm Pre smartphone. Putting it on nicely and getting rid of bubbles is not too difficult if you follow the included procedure. However, on both devices the corners started to peel off quite rapidly. I removed it from the Palm Pre after about a month because it looked cheap with those loose edges.

On my current WP7 phone I've installed a BW Ultraclear from shop.brandon.com which is still in perfect condition after more than a years use.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually did a dry install it. You just have to use the flat edge and work your way out from the middle. It'll look kinda sucka at first, but all the bubbles and stuff will disappear after 24 hrs. If lint or whatnot gets stuck underneath, I'll hit it with the solution to scrape off the lint and then wet install that part. But at the end of the day, I prefer the dry way. Just leave the tabs on and line it up. Lightly stick it down. I'll then work from the middle and work my way up. After that, I'll start at the middle and work my way down.

Thanks. You said "solution". The screen protector doesn't say that it includes any, since it is a dry install. Did you use some from another protector or somethign?

Lakes21

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys I just recently put on an invisibleshield full body on my 920, like many i wanted a skin that would give the phone some sort of grip. Ive installed many invisibleshield in the past and had no problems with this bubbling up, but in my past experience i have witness yellowing on the skin over the life of the skin. here is a link, i posted photos of it.

Attachments

• photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 18
  • photo 2-2.jpg
    photo 2-2.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 19
  • photo 4-1.jpg
    photo 4-1.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 16

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys I just recently put on an invisibleshield full body on my 920, like many i wanted a skin that would give the phone some sort of grip. Ive installed many invisibleshield in the past and had no problems with this bubbling up, but in my past experience i have witness yellowing on the skin over the life of the skin. here is a link, i posted photos of it.

You did a nice job putting it on! I've seen about 2 or 3 out of 20 put on properly. I've seen a lot shields put on poorly with numerous bubbles.

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. You said "solution". The screen protector doesn't say that it includes any, since it is a dry install. Did you use some from another protector or somethign?

Yah, I pulled them from the Wrapsol laptop skins. However, you can make your own as well. I use distilled water and a drop of baby shampoo. Works well...

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, that's a lot of orange peel. :(

Last edited:

wldcohso1

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the invisible shield maximum protection and I'm really happy with it. I can just throw it in my pocket with keys and forget about it. The product really works if you put it on correctly.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Does the Invisible Shiled screen protector cover the proximity sensor? From what I can tell, and it is difficult to see, but from the picture above, it appears it does not cover the sensor.

I just got the Ghost Armor installed, but it covers the sensor and now I get black screen when I place/take a call. In it's current form, Ghost Armor does not work. Maybe I got a bad one or an initial run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb