Invisible Shield

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Zagg & Monster Cable have to be biggest scam artists in the electronics industry. Don't buy that crap! As Palandri said above the skins peel off, get tons of bubbles underneath and begin to yellow over time. Their screen protectors ruin the clarity and touch sensitivity of the screen itself.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was wondering. I want to get some sort of shield around the body that is clear. I do not want a case, I just want something to prevent it from getting scratched.

Tsaan

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered an invisible shield screen protector for my Lumia 920. Gorilla glass still ends up getting scratched somehow no matter how hard they make it. It's funny how you can take keys to it and rub it hard with the keys and there will be no scratches, but you'll get a scratch from a grain of sand in your pocket. The resale value is higher if you can say the screen has been immaculate since day 1.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Much easier on flat glass than curved glass.
It doesn't matter. The bubbles that may be there, if done right, go away within 2-3 days.

I install shields all the time at work (the dry install) and they never come back! Zagg gives you a lifetime warranty, so if it starts to yellow, call them up and you'll get another for free.

I have one on my GS3 and iPhone 5... perfectly installed.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Zagg & Monster Cable have to be biggest scam artists in the electronics industry. Don't buy that crap! As Palandri said above the skins peel off, get tons of bubbles underneath and begin to yellow over time. Their screen protectors ruin the clarity and touch sensitivity of the screen itself.
Why are they scam artists? They give you a Lifetime warranty. Where does the scam come in to play?

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a Zagg shield on my Galaxy S and it peeled off a bit after two and a half years but nothing major. I'm just wondering it if will cause any problems with using the 920 with gloves on if you put the invisible shield on it because I'd really like to get one if it doesn't..

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a Zagg shield on my Galaxy S and it peeled off a bit after two and a half years but nothing major. I'm just wondering it if will cause any problems with using the 920 with gloves on if you put the invisible shield on it because I'd really like to get one if it doesn't..

I just put the invisible shield on my 920 yesterday. It works pretty good still. Not as sensitive, but it still works. (With gloves that is)

I am still going to through an otterbox defender on it, but i needed something in the meantime to keep the screen from getting scratched.

So hope that helps?

Ryan

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just put a front Invisible Shield protector the other day. I've had one before on an iPhone. The good thing is it's really clear and as long as you install it properly you'll get no bubbles at all. I eventually replaced it on my iPhone for a matte type protector because the Zagg felt a bit rubbery for me. Since there aren't that many protectors out right now, decided to get this one for now for the 920. It's super clear and the feel isn't that bad so I'll probably stick to it. The screen still looks beautiful even with this protector on.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah getting a screen protector is something really important. Unfortunately for me my Lumia 920 is already all scratched up even with the best care, it really is a shame, that Gorilla Glass 2 only works when you don't want it to.

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any links for a place to buy a Invisible shield for the Lumia 920? Not a generic one but one designed for Lumia 920.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I highly suggest skipping Zagg and going with Bestskinsever.com. Higher quality protectors, same lifetime warranty, and no orange peel effect on your screen.

silverc230

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have emailed Bestskinsever a couple times asking when they will have one available for the 920 and have not received a response. Which is sad as they have always had great customer service. Has anyone bought skins that will cover the bezel around the camera lens as well? I have been looking at the ArmorSuit full set but I still can't see the back one in the picture. The ones I had on my 800 have kept the chrome bezel looking brand new. Can anyone share a picture if they have found a set that covers this? Thanks.

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have emailed Bestskinsever a couple times asking when they will have one available for the 920 and have not received a response. Which is sad as they have always had great customer service. Has anyone bought skins that will cover the bezel around the camera lens as well? I have been looking at the ArmorSuit full set but I still can't see the back one in the picture. The ones I had on my 800 have kept the chrome bezel looking brand new. Can anyone share a picture if they have found a set that covers this? Thanks.

I used the contact feature of BSE's website and got this response:

bestskinsever said:
Sent: Tue 11/20/12 5:03 PM

Hello Customer,
We will be producing Skins for the Nokia Lumia 920 with plans to ship
within the next few weeks. We will be accepting orders on our website
shortly. We will be happy to notify you when this occurs.
Thank you for your interest. Please let us know if you have any other
questions. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,
Tracy M
Support Team

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Installed a Ghost Armor Matte on the 920 and now the wrapsol. The Matte Ghost Armor is really nice esp on a matte phone. However, the top piece doesn't have a cut out for the top mic and the front screen isn't cut out for the light sensor.

Applied the Wrapsol Ultra on. The front and top pieces have the proper cut outs. It's really clear and looks awesome. However, I hope they release a matte version down the road...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion