Motorcyle Accessories?

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I've seen there are a few bikers on here, curious what you guys have figured out for the rig. if anything?

I'm jacked about the fact that it's got legit GPS *and* I can leave the gloves on, that will be waaay more convenient that pulling over, removing a glove, checking a map and memorizing my next few turns.

I saw grndZr0 mention what I think would be a most ideal setup, weatherproof handlebar mount with inductive charging. Barring that, I'd be happy with a solid handlebar mount and rely on the battery (and just not use GPS in the rain). Any good options for solid mounting on 1" bars?

I've already got it paired up with my Sena SMH10 and am planning to try just setting a destination and leaving the phone in my pocket, hopefully the voice nav will be enough to get me through. Of course, with the weather turning, my ride is mostly commuting, I won't be taking too many "just for fun" trips.

Anyone know if you can plan custom routes and save them to the phone? "Fun" rides rarely take the same route as any efficiency-minded GPS plan.

-Allen

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I've seen there are a few bikers on here, curious what you guys have figured out for the rig. if anything?

I'm jacked about the fact that it's got legit GPS *and* I can leave the gloves on, that will be waaay more convenient that pulling over, removing a glove, checking a map and memorizing my next few turns.

I saw grndZr0 mention what I think would be a most ideal setup, weatherproof handlebar mount with inductive charging. Barring that, I'd be happy with a solid handlebar mount and rely on the battery (and just not use GPS in the rain). Any good options for solid mounting on 1" bars?

I've already got it paired up with my Sena SMH10 and am planning to try just setting a destination and leaving the phone in my pocket, hopefully the voice nav will be enough to get me through. Of course, with the weather turning, my ride is mostly commuting, I won't be taking too many "just for fun" trips.

Anyone know if you can plan custom routes and save them to the phone? "Fun" rides rarely take the same route as any efficiency-minded GPS plan.

-Allen
First things first, what kind of bike do you ride?! LOL

Hey man, Currently I am using the Bracketron for my Focus. It is a universal clamp type, I have had it about a year, and its about shot.

I would like to get a mount from slip grip car mounts.

They make mounts that fit around the otterbox cases for phones. I have not used one yet, but they look pretty much like what I want.

They also mount to ram mounts, which is a universal mounting system that can mount to just about anything including handlebars.

I just sent slip grip an email asking what their plans are for the 920. Ill post it up here when I find out.

By the way, I have a 2010 BMW F800gs. It is fun. I m really hoping that there is a good wireless charging solution for our needs in the near future.

Ryan

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nice, I ride a Triumph Speedmaster (and a scooter in-town!). I'm hoping for some kind of solid mount option, everything I saw on Amazon had reviews where they lost their phone on a mountainbike trail, which sucks, but losing it on I-95 would be way worse.
Either way, I may add insurance before I mount it at all, until then I'll keep it in my pocket :)

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds fun, I rode my first scooter the other day, quite an experience!

Ram mounts are very solid. Made for doing tough stuff. They make the mounts for laptops in cars like the police use, and various other rough enviorment things.

The brackettron mount seems kind oh chincy, but it has worked well for me. I ride some pretty rocky knarly trails, and dump my bike quite a bit and I have only had my focus fall out once, and it wasn't clamped in that tight.

Ryan

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Those RAM mounts looks pretty serious, that may be the way to go. I'll ping SlipGrips as well, though if they require a case to use, I probably wouldn't get one.

Scooters can be a blast. I'm setup for solo on the Triumph now so we went 100mi 2-up on the 150cc scooter yesterday, still pulled 60mpg at WOT 8)
(Though it's always a bit embarrassing rolling up to a Harley club at a stoplight)

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I too am interested in a mount for my Motorcycle. I ride a Triumph Bonneville T100 and like goldie_rt I have a scooter for around town. I saw this on ebay: Waterproof Bicycle Bike Mount Case for Nokia Lumia 920 Motorola Droid RAZR HD | eBay just not sure about the quality.

I have this ram mount on my scooter: Universal X-Grip? Holder with iPhone on Motorcycle which has worked well around town but on my motorcycle I would not want to expose my phone to the elements at high speeds on the freeway.

I would be interested if anyone comes across a "trust worthy" motorcycle mount for the Nokia 920 that is similar to the mount I posted above from ebay. I like that the phone is completely covered and that it is waterproof (not that we get any rain here in So Cal anyways:) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs