12-07-2012 07:52 PM
70 123
tools
    Did you already receive the case? I ordered that exact case from amazon but it isn't expected to arrive until early December.

I worried about any case making the phone larger than it already is. Let us know how the case is working out.
    Follow up:
    I arrived home from my Thanksgiving weekend away to find my case had arrived. It's only been one full day, but so far I am liking the case. It adds very little girth to the phone, I notice no added weight, and the "rougher" coating to the case makes the phone much easier to grip. It fits perfectly with no slipping, sliding or clicking around inside the case. It doesn't do anything to protect the front of the phone, but I can always get a screen protector if it worries me that much.

(Edit: I am referring to this case: http://www.amazon.com/Worldshopping%...pUvbUpU1785158)
    Last edited by wpfan86; 11-26-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: adding link
    11-26-2012 09:34 PM
    Can anyone recommend any Rubber/Silicon cases for a better grip? I currently have a Matte Black Nokia Lumia 920 and it feels very slippery at times. All I want is being able to get a firmer grip on it.
    11-27-2012 06:37 AM
    Can anyone recommend any Rubber/Silicon cases for a better grip? I currently have a Matte Black Nokia Lumia 920 and it feels very slippery at times. All I want is being able to get a firmer grip on it.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...se-thread.html
    Sanpd likes this.
    11-27-2012 08:47 AM
    Got this case in the mail earlier today: JKase for Lumia 920.

Really liking it so far - it fits the phone really snug, protects the side buttons without making you push extra hard to use them, super light weight, no extra bulk. Only thing is it does not cover any part of the screen, so if that's what you're looking for this isn't it. Very happy with the purchase. :]
    I was looking at this same case last night (smoked version) and saw a video on youtube of someone reviewing it. The downside appeared to be the thin bottom edge that seemed to get out of whack at times and not stay put. Have you had this same issue? I would love a smoked case to show off the color of the 920 but don't want to have to keep re-positioning a case for the proper fit.
    11-29-2012 12:46 PM
    I purchased the Otterbox Defender for my fiancee's 920. She likes it even though it does add a significant amount to the phone. She has a tendency to drop her phones, so we figured we would go all out. It adds a lot of thickness to the phone. It's still pocketable but not by much. The rubber outer makes it difficult to get in and out of your pocket. It does feel very rugged though. I am still keeping my own 920 bare for the moment but I'm scared of the fact that if I drop my white phone it will instantly be ugly. That said though, the defender case covers up all distinguishing features of the Lumia which make it so beautiful. I don't want an acrylic case because those are usually two piece and won't protect the phone when it drops and falls apart.

I guess I will have to settle for a gel case for mine.

Also note that the defender case works fine with wireless charging.
    11-29-2012 01:17 PM
    I purchased the Skull Candy Speck case for my white 920. It's white glossy plastic-like material with black rubber trim and grip areas. It allows you to put the phone face down and the glass will not touch the desktop. It's the only color i have seen so far for this design. Received several compliments on it while out and about. Was $38 at the AT&T Store. If i had a camera at work, I would take a few pics.
    11-29-2012 01:56 PM
    I purchased the Skull Candy Speck case for my white 920. It's white glossy plastic-like material with black rubber trim and grip areas. It allows you to put the phone face down and the glass will not touch the desktop. It's the only color i have seen so far for this design. Received several compliments on it while out and about. Was $38 at the AT&T Store. If i had a camera at work, I would take a few pics.
    I've seen this one at the AT&T store also and considering getting the same one to try it out with my soon to be "White" 920:)
    11-30-2012 09:31 AM
    Is this the one that looks like a zebra?
    11-30-2012 12:21 PM
    I may go with one of these matte cases... can't find much about them, but it's not that expensive to try out, I guess! When I searched for other products they make, I found some macbook covers that had high scores from customer reviews.

Amazon.com: worldshopping lumia 920: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I clicked the link and started looking at them. I was like "wow, these are great, and I might get one." I then got to the third picture, and saw that they don't cover the top or bottom. When I was looking at a green one on a cyan phone, I was completely turned off. My phone's black, but I still don't like that.

Edit: I was looking at the hard, snap-on cases. I see that the rubberized ones go over the whole thing (or at least it looks like it). I'd love to get a Cubs blue one (Cubs fan, obviously), but the only decent ones seem to be red and black.

On that, has anyone found a decent rubberized case in a blue like that? I don't really want black or red. I'd even take a decent green one (read: not a bright green one). I'd sort of like to just get something outside of the stock Lumia 920 color scheme, maybe even 2 or 3 to match whichever theme color (red, emerald, cobalt, orange) I am using at a given time.
    12-02-2012 04:13 PM
    I clicked the link and started looking at them. I was like "wow, these are great, and I might get one." I then got to the third picture, and saw that they don't cover the top or bottom. When I was looking at a green one on a cyan phone, I was completely turned off. My phone's black, but I still don't like that.

Edit: I was looking at the hard, snap-on cases. I see that the rubberized ones go over the whole thing (or at least it looks like it). I'd love to get a Cubs blue one (Cubs fan, obviously), but the only decent ones seem to be red and black.

On that, has anyone found a decent rubberized case in a blue like that? I don't really want black or red. I'd even take a decent green one (read: not a bright green one). I'd sort of like to just get something outside of the stock Lumia 920 color scheme, maybe even 2 or 3 to match whichever theme color (red, emerald, cobalt, orange) I am using at a given time.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...pUvbUpU1795914

or

Amazon.com: lumia 920 worldshopping candy color

Some cases don't have the top mic cutout, I like the candy color/glossy worldshopping ones and have several colors.
    12-02-2012 04:49 PM
    The colors on the second link are no good. The fifth one on the first link is close, but it's the only decent one I see. Thanks for the links.
    12-02-2012 08:52 PM
    The colors on the second link are no good. The fifth one on the first link is close, but it's the only decent one I see. Thanks for the links.
    I have the first one in the list of five you mentioned, and it's actually a deeper blue than shown. I can take some pics if you want, what shade of blue are you looking for?
    12-02-2012 11:25 PM
    I have the first one in the list of five you mentioned, and it's actually a deeper blue than shown. I can take some pics if you want, what shade of blue are you looking for?
    I'd appreciate a picture or two, sure. That straight-up looks like cyan you'd find on the phone in the picture, not a fan of that.

As I mentioned I'm a Cubs fan, so I'd like a blue at least SOMEWHAT close to this:

The main blues on the third from the top (Fosmon DURA S) and the fourth from the bottom (Avyden Dura S) on the first link (as well as the aforementioned Blue Soft Candy Skin, fifth from the top on that link) are actually pretty good, I just hate designs, logos, and two-toned colors on my cases. I'd just like a plain, single-color (could tolerate a bit of a decent second color if it wasn't in a goosy pattern like on those two Dura S cases I mentioned) blue case that isn't a light, feminine blue.

Thanks for the replies and info; I know I'm being a picky complainer with this, haha. I just don't care to buy something I'm not going to want to use once I get it.
    12-03-2012 01:48 AM
    I was in a rush this morning, so this is all I could take. I tossed in the oreo box for color hue comparison. :D I'll try to take better pictures in good light later to be sure the hue is accurate, as well as adding the other colors people have requested.

Photo Album - Imgur
    Keith Wallace likes this.
    12-03-2012 11:18 AM
    Really happy with the worldshopping candy color black glossy TPU case from amazon. As stated it doesn't seem to add too much bulk and adds a ton of grip. Might try the matte black instead of glossy when the price comes down.
    12-03-2012 11:26 AM
    Sort of like a Zebra. The asterisk and the camera/flash port are black. The black vertical striping is symetrical and evenly spaced. Have received several compliments on it.
    12-03-2012 11:48 AM
    I posted this in another thread, but maybe it's better to post here.

I prefer using a phone without a case and I love how the Red 920 looks, but I had recently dropped my lack Lumia 900 and shattered the screen. I don't want that to happen again. I also don't want to worry when my kids are playing a game on it. I would really like to get a clear case for it. I've found the following options, but I'm not sure what is the best to get.

Also, it appears as though the S-Line is sold/made by different companies, do you think they are all the same?
    There appears to be different types of TPU cases, one that is more like rubber and one that is harder. What would provide better protection against drops? I'm thinking the rubber style would provide better protection.

Here is what I found.

1. GTMax Clear TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
    with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
    - $2.95 (Looks like a harder case)

2. GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
    with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)
    - $11.95 (This one is the same as the first one, just has addition colors and seems like a good price)

3. Clear TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light for
    Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
    - $3.99 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. This one has the cutouts for the buttons but the description makes it sound like the softer/rubbery gel type cases. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose.)

4. Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia
    920 (AT&T) - Clear
    - $5.95 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose)

5. GTMax Clear S-Shape TPU Case Cover + Clear Screen Protector
    for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
    - $3.95 (same as #4?)

6. iTALKonline ProGel WAVE S-Line Tough Grip TPU Case Cover
    Skin Protector For Nokia Lumia 920 - Clear Transparent
    - $6.63 (same as #4?)

7. Worldshopping Clear S Line Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case
    Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory
    - $6.99 (same as #4?)

I'm guessing that the cases with cutouts for the buttons are more firm and the cases that go over the buttons are the more rubbery type. Which type would protect it better from a fall? I'm thinking of getting 2,3, and 5. #2 Would provide the harder shells with different colors (including clear), #3 would provide the clear (hopefully) rubbery type cover, and #5 would provide a rubbery type cover with the S-Line design. If #3 is the rubbery type design, it is the only all clear one I could find, otherwise the S-Line design is the only other option.
    12-03-2012 01:11 PM
    I was in a rush this morning, so this is all I could take. I tossed in the oreo box for color hue comparison. :D I'll try to take better pictures in good light later to be sure the hue is accurate, as well as adding the other colors people have requested.

Photo Album - Imgur
    Thanks, that's a good enough picture, really. It's a little darker than I expected, but it is still a more sky-ish blue than I would like.
    12-03-2012 04:55 PM
    Check out the link below. I posted some pictures of option 3. I also bought option 2 & 5 but haven't received them yet. I will post more pictures when I get those cases in.

A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???
    12-07-2012 03:48 PM
    I've been hanging around those who go caseless for so long it finally rubbed off. For years I carried my Windows Phone in a belt case but about six months ago I went to pocket carry and haven't looked back. I have tried a few skin cases with the Lumia 900 but the bare phone fits the hand so well and just feels good. With build quality being so good these days, I'm not too worried about scratching the phone up and if I drop it, a skin won't offer much additional protection. I just haven't seen the benefit of moving away from the natural feel of the phone.

I have a few skin cases headed this direction to review and may change my mind but a bare 920 just feels so good.
    12-07-2012 07:52 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD