920 Cases

S1NKING SH1PS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Got this case in the mail earlier today: JKase for Lumia 920.

Really liking it so far - it fits the phone really snug, protects the side buttons without making you push extra hard to use them, super light weight, no extra bulk. Only thing is it does not cover any part of the screen, so if that's what you're looking for this isn't it. Very happy with the purchase. :]

Last edited:

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Really liking it so far - it fits the phone really snug, protects the side buttons without making you push extra hard to use them, super light weight, no extra bulk. Only thing is it does not cover any part of the screen, so if that's what you're looking for this isn't it. Very happy with the purchase. :]

Just an FYI, if you have any call quality or sound issues you might consider cutting an additional hole up top for the second mic that is covered up by that case. Most people don't notice it because of its tiny holes.

qG2mI.jpg

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a handful of various cases on eBay for the heck of it.
Here's my custom leather case I spoke about earlier.
It JUST shipped today. It's the first of it's kind too, and the company (EaseCase) is using my case as it's sample.
I'm very excited!

625618592_o.jpg

625618602_o.jpg

625618613_o.jpg

625618639_o.jpg

And the picture I used for the custom engraving:
Danosaurblack2.jpg

I asked for the engraving to stand at 1.5" tall. I should've asked for 2"... or at least to have removed the spots from my dinosaur drawing I made (to make it more "smooth" looking).

S1NKING SH1PS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, if you have any call quality or sound issues you might consider cutting an additional hole up top for the second mic that is covered up by that case. Most people don't notice it because of its tiny holes.

Good point! Thanks for the tip! I actually took a few calls today and had zero problems with having anybody hear me, which is pretty awesome. But definitely something to keep in mind in case some problems arise in the future. Digging this case so far.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even thought to look at eBay yet. Some cases I have seen were exactly what I was looking for. Right now I have a microfiber pouch that is just tall enough for it. It is ok keeps it from getting scratched in my jeans pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i ordered these for my cyan 920 off ebay. Im an elevator mechanic in nyc and i tend to get things dirty so i needed a cover. i might purchase the otterbox case because i also tend to drop things off the top of the elevators. RIP my iphone that fell 5 stories

mL7MO.jpg

QsJgE.jpg

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Something to remember about colored cases, sometimes the color around the flash can tint your flash picture that color. Meaning a blue case can sometimes tint your flash pictures blue and/or a red case can sometimes tint your flash pictures red. We've seen it happen a few times.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you already receive the case? I ordered that exact case from amazon but it isn't expected to arrive until early December.

I worried about any case making the phone larger than it already is. Let us know how the case is working out.

Follow up:
I arrived home from my Thanksgiving weekend away to find my case had arrived. It's only been one full day, but so far I am liking the case. It adds very little girth to the phone, I notice no added weight, and the "rougher" coating to the case makes the phone much easier to grip. It fits perfectly with no slipping, sliding or clicking around inside the case. It doesn't do anything to protect the front of the phone, but I can always get a screen protector if it worries me that much.

(Edit: I am referring to this case: http://www.amazon.com/Worldshopping...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1785158)

Last edited:

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any Rubber/Silicon cases for a better grip? I currently have a Matte Black Nokia Lumia 920 and it feels very slippery at times. All I want is being able to get a firmer grip on it.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I was looking at this same case last night (smoked version) and saw a video on youtube of someone reviewing it. The downside appeared to be the thin bottom edge that seemed to get out of whack at times and not stay put. Have you had this same issue? I would love a smoked case to show off the color of the 920 but don't want to have to keep re-positioning a case for the proper fit.

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Otterbox Defender for my fiancee's 920. She likes it even though it does add a significant amount to the phone. She has a tendency to drop her phones, so we figured we would go all out. It adds a lot of thickness to the phone. It's still pocketable but not by much. The rubber outer makes it difficult to get in and out of your pocket. It does feel very rugged though. I am still keeping my own 920 bare for the moment but I'm scared of the fact that if I drop my white phone it will instantly be ugly. That said though, the defender case covers up all distinguishing features of the Lumia which make it so beautiful. I don't want an acrylic case because those are usually two piece and won't protect the phone when it drops and falls apart.

I guess I will have to settle for a gel case for mine.

Also note that the defender case works fine with wireless charging.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Skull Candy Speck case for my white 920. It's white glossy plastic-like material with black rubber trim and grip areas. It allows you to put the phone face down and the glass will not touch the desktop. It's the only color i have seen so far for this design. Received several compliments on it while out and about. Was $38 at the AT&T Store. If i had a camera at work, I would take a few pics.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Skull Candy Speck case for my white 920. It's white glossy plastic-like material with black rubber trim and grip areas. It allows you to put the phone face down and the glass will not touch the desktop. It's the only color i have seen so far for this design. Received several compliments on it while out and about. Was $38 at the AT&T Store. If i had a camera at work, I would take a few pics.

I've seen this one at the AT&T store also and considering getting the same one to try it out with my soon to be "White" 920:)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Is this the one that looks like a zebra?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I may go with one of these matte cases... can't find much about them, but it's not that expensive to try out, I guess! When I searched for other products they make, I found some macbook covers that had high scores from customer reviews.

Amazon.com: worldshopping lumia 920: Cell Phones & Accessories

I clicked the link and started looking at them. I was like "wow, these are great, and I might get one." I then got to the third picture, and saw that they don't cover the top or bottom. When I was looking at a green one on a cyan phone, I was completely turned off. My phone's black, but I still don't like that.

Edit: I was looking at the hard, snap-on cases. I see that the rubberized ones go over the whole thing (or at least it looks like it). I'd love to get a Cubs blue one (Cubs fan, obviously), but the only decent ones seem to be red and black.

On that, has anyone found a decent rubberized case in a blue like that? I don't really want black or red. I'd even take a decent green one (read: not a bright green one). I'd sort of like to just get something outside of the stock Lumia 920 color scheme, maybe even 2 or 3 to match whichever theme color (red, emerald, cobalt, orange) I am using at a given time.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I clicked the link and started looking at them. I was like "wow, these are great, and I might get one." I then got to the third picture, and saw that they don't cover the top or bottom. When I was looking at a green one on a cyan phone, I was completely turned off. My phone's black, but I still don't like that.

Edit: I was looking at the hard, snap-on cases. I see that the rubberized ones go over the whole thing (or at least it looks like it). I'd love to get a Cubs blue one (Cubs fan, obviously), but the only decent ones seem to be red and black.

On that, has anyone found a decent rubberized case in a blue like that? I don't really want black or red. I'd even take a decent green one (read: not a bright green one). I'd sort of like to just get something outside of the stock Lumia 920 color scheme, maybe even 2 or 3 to match whichever theme color (red, emerald, cobalt, orange) I am using at a given time.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1795914

or

Amazon.com: lumia 920 worldshopping candy color

Some cases don't have the top mic cutout, I like the candy color/glossy worldshopping ones and have several colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3