920 Cases

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The colors on the second link are no good. The fifth one on the first link is close, but it's the only decent one I see. Thanks for the links.

I have the first one in the list of five you mentioned, and it's actually a deeper blue than shown. I can take some pics if you want, what shade of blue are you looking for?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the first one in the list of five you mentioned, and it's actually a deeper blue than shown. I can take some pics if you want, what shade of blue are you looking for?

I'd appreciate a picture or two, sure. That straight-up looks like cyan you'd find on the phone in the picture, not a fan of that.

As I mentioned I'm a Cubs fan, so I'd like a blue at least SOMEWHAT close to this:

resize

The main blues on the third from the top (Fosmon DURA S) and the fourth from the bottom (Avyden Dura S) on the first link (as well as the aforementioned Blue Soft Candy Skin, fifth from the top on that link) are actually pretty good, I just hate designs, logos, and two-toned colors on my cases. I'd just like a plain, single-color (could tolerate a bit of a decent second color if it wasn't in a goosy pattern like on those two Dura S cases I mentioned) blue case that isn't a light, feminine blue.

Thanks for the replies and info; I know I'm being a picky complainer with this, haha. I just don't care to buy something I'm not going to want to use once I get it.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was in a rush this morning, so this is all I could take. I tossed in the oreo box for color hue comparison. :D I'll try to take better pictures in good light later to be sure the hue is accurate, as well as adding the other colors people have requested.

Photo Album - Imgur

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Really happy with the worldshopping candy color black glossy TPU case from amazon. As stated it doesn't seem to add too much bulk and adds a ton of grip. Might try the matte black instead of glossy when the price comes down.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sort of like a Zebra. The asterisk and the camera/flash port are black. The black vertical striping is symetrical and evenly spaced. Have received several compliments on it.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but maybe it's better to post here.

I prefer using a phone without a case and I love how the Red 920 looks, but I had recently dropped my lack Lumia 900 and shattered the screen. I don't want that to happen again. I also don't want to worry when my kids are playing a game on it. I would really like to get a clear case for it. I've found the following options, but I'm not sure what is the best to get.

Also, it appears as though the S-Line is sold/made by different companies, do you think they are all the same?
There appears to be different types of TPU cases, one that is more like rubber and one that is harder. What would provide better protection against drops? I'm thinking the rubber style would provide better protection.

Here is what I found.

1. GTMax Clear TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $2.95 (Looks like a harder case)

2. GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)
- $11.95 (This one is the same as the first one, just has addition colors and seems like a good price)

3. Clear TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light for
Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
- $3.99 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. This one has the cutouts for the buttons but the description makes it sound like the softer/rubbery gel type cases. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose.)

4. Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia
920 (AT&T) - Clear
- $5.95 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose)

5. GTMax Clear S-Shape TPU Case Cover + Clear Screen Protector
for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $3.95 (same as #4?)

6. iTALKonline ProGel WAVE S-Line Tough Grip TPU Case Cover
Skin Protector For Nokia Lumia 920 - Clear Transparent
- $6.63 (same as #4?)

7. Worldshopping Clear S Line Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case
Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory
- $6.99 (same as #4?)

I'm guessing that the cases with cutouts for the buttons are more firm and the cases that go over the buttons are the more rubbery type. Which type would protect it better from a fall? I'm thinking of getting 2,3, and 5. #2 Would provide the harder shells with different colors (including clear), #3 would provide the clear (hopefully) rubbery type cover, and #5 would provide a rubbery type cover with the S-Line design. If #3 is the rubbery type design, it is the only all clear one I could find, otherwise the S-Line design is the only other option.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in a rush this morning, so this is all I could take. I tossed in the oreo box for color hue comparison. :D I'll try to take better pictures in good light later to be sure the hue is accurate, as well as adding the other colors people have requested.

Photo Album - Imgur

Thanks, that's a good enough picture, really. It's a little darker than I expected, but it is still a more sky-ish blue than I would like.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I've been hanging around those who go caseless for so long it finally rubbed off. For years I carried my Windows Phone in a belt case but about six months ago I went to pocket carry and haven't looked back. I have tried a few skin cases with the Lumia 900 but the bare phone fits the hand so well and just feels good. With build quality being so good these days, I'm not too worried about scratching the phone up and if I drop it, a skin won't offer much additional protection. I just haven't seen the benefit of moving away from the natural feel of the phone.

I have a few skin cases headed this direction to review and may change my mind but a bare 920 just feels so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3