Inline control earbuds?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Help!!

I'm trying to shop around for some earbuds (low profile) that have inline controls. I really need Volume control, and Track control (forward/back). Microphone and call answer is secondary.

They will be used under a helmet, hence the low profile request. There are a boat load of earbuds out there, but they are Apple specific and I am not sure if they will work with Nokia Lumia's (especially volume control). I also would like to keep the costs down as much as possible, preferably under $40 US.

I'm almost tempted to get some old Nokia WH701 for cheap to see if they work.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I use wireless Bluetooth. Motorola S9-HDs. I use them to great success on my motorcycle. They have voice command, volume, call answer, skip songs, etc. Got them on newegg. They aren't perfect (see reviews) but they do the job for me quite well.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I use a Nokia bh-111 which is great because I can plug in whatever headphones I like.
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to avoid a Bluetooth device. It's just one more thing I have to worry about charging or keeping powered up.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a UrBeats that came with my dad's previous HTC, the mix works, the forward and backward buttons actually are volume controls. So no skip track, only volume control and pause/play.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the WH-920s for awhile with an L920 and they're pretty good. However, every so often, the track selection will stop working for a few moments (no matter how many times you press the buttons), and then it starts working fine again. This is similar to the problem they have with the L900, so I'm not sure it's a problem with the controls or OS in the phone, or on the wire. It's worth noting this is not a common occurrence, but when it does occur it does take a few moments for them to start working again. The sound is good and the voice quality is apparently quite good on the other end of phone calls, so I've decided to keep them rather than go hunting for a set that might (or might not) work properly and sound as good with the L920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss