JBL PlayUp Review (Video)

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: JBL PlayUp Review (Video)

?r den v?rd att k?pa?
Is it worth buying?
How do you see your self using it?
I use Sonos @ home I like it Okey price but can't see exactly how I will us it. How is battery time, I can maybe see me using it under summer when I drive around on my motorcycle

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sv: JBL PlayUp Review (Video)

?r den v?rd att k?pa?
Is it worth buying?
How do you see your self using it?
I use Sonos @ home I like it Okey price but can't see exactly how I will us it. How is battery time, I can maybe see me using it under summer when I drive around on my motorcycle

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

I think it is definitely worth the price.
The sound is totally ok, for the genre. Of course its not as good as a big sound system but for a small speaker its nice, and the fact that it is wireless and rechargeable makes it a "home run".
I have been using it for a couple of weeks and it is the portability that I like the most.
I have it on my desk when Im working on the computer, the table when Im just hanging around the living room, the night stand in the morning when i listen to the news and I even had it in the bathroom while I was soaking int the tub.

When sumer comes it is going to come with me on my road trips, outdoor parties and so on.
It worked great with my old iPhone so its gonna work perfectly on barbecues and other gatherings when people wants to take turns playing their music. Of course they have to pair their devises first since they don't have NFC :)

EDIT: Oh the battery it is about 10 hours. The battery is a regular Nokia battery (bl-5j, costs 199 swedish att kjelloCo) so you can have a few in reserve.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I am sold on a PlayUp, have been for a while.
But can't seem to buy one anywhere. Why market what you don't sell?

It is a bit irritatiting that there is so many nice accessories presented for the Lumia but they never get released or is out of stock. But the JBL PlayUp is quite easy to find in Sweden now in at least black or white.
Hope you find one soon because it is relay nice.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Dude you've got great taste! :p Love your tech, your house and the way you do those videos! Keep it up! =D

Thanks, glad you like the video.
If you are considering moving to a small town in the middle of Sweden, my apartment is for sale as we speak ;)
So hopefully there will be some new environments in my upcoming videos (its to cold to go and film outside).

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It is a bit irritatiting that there is so many nice accessories presented for the Lumia but they never get released or is out of stock. But the JBL PlayUp is quite easy to find in Sweden now in at least black or white.
Hope you find one soon because it is relay nice.

I wonder what it would cost to get one shipped to California.......

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what it would cost to get one shipped to California.......

Its cheaper for a Swede to buy it from the states, so with that in mind plus shipping cost it will probably become a bit expensive.
It costs 1200 swedish and to ship it with the swedish post office is 310 swedish (for a normal person) and the company will probably have some hidden fees but lets say 1500-1600 SKR. Thats about 235 USD

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its cheaper for a Swede to buy it from the states, so with that in mind plus shipping cost it will probably become a bit expensive.
It costs 1200 swedish and to ship it with the swedish post office is 310 swedish (for a normal person) and the company will probably have some hidden fees but lets say 1500-1600 SKR. Thats about 235 USD

for that I may as well go with a PowerUp ($250).

Hopefully it goes on sale somewhere where I can buy it before I end up settling for a competitors device that IS available.

Come on Nokia.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nisse, I love your review videos. So nicely done! I hope you will review the Nokia Purity Pro Wireless Headphones by Monster once they become available. Still no sign of them here in the US. I keep checking the Nokia US Facebook page hoping to see an announcement, but nothing yet.

One question about the PlayUp. Is it possible to use two at the same time (like a pair of Stereo speakers)? Or can the Lumia 920 only be connected to one Bluetooth device at a time? Does the PlayUp have an "audio out" port so that two speakers could be connected via cable? Some portable speakers have that feature.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Thanks, glad you like my videos and yes Im going to get the Monsters headphones, latest release date I heard was 4 February.
I think it can be connected to two devices at the same time, but if that enables it to stream music to both of them??
And if it works it would only be the same sound, but I guess it would be nice to have for example one on each floor in a house.
No it does not have "audio out", they probably wanted to keep it simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99