Purity Pro

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I bought 2 pairs of the Purity Pro headsets - one yellow and one red! The yellow is for my yellow phone and the red one is for my brothers red phone!

At first, I was totally blown away! I have had a ton of headphones from all price ranges and I'm happy with the sound these produce...until I noticed something!

The headphones do not produce a centered sound!!! My pair and the my brothers pair have the same issues...the sound is aligned to the left by about 15%!

I also noted that the skip track buttons do not work when wired!

Anyone else notice or having the same issue? Can't be my bad luck to have two pairs that are completely different colours to have the exact same issues!

The sound issue is the most frustrating and if WP8 had a sound balance option I wouldn't be as bothered!

Although they weren't cheap so I expect minimum that the headphones are dead centered!

Nokia are supplying me with a replacement headset and I will let you all know if I experience the same issues!

But if anyone else has a pair, please test them and let me know! If you don't notice at first swap them around to hear the difference in loudness!

Trust me, once you notice it will annoy the **** out of you!!!

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I assume that the buttons on yours work when wired and you do not have the sound slightly offset to the left? Like I said, my brothers pair are exactly the same!

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I assume that the buttons on yours work when wired and you do not have the sound slightly offset to the left? Like I said, my brothers pair are exactly the same!

The buttons always work and I have never heard any offset.
Have you tried using an iPod or something, just to check that it isnt the connection in the phone that is causing the buttons mailfunction?

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Got them from a third party seller on ebay (centico uk) based in Germany! They told me to send them back at my own cost. Luckily I have a Nokia Care Point in my area...they've ordered me another pair!

I'll probably have to get another pair for my brother too by the looks of it! I can't believe that they can be fake because the sound is for the most part pretty awesome!

Also...I have tried them with an iPad and they work via Bluetooth and even the pause/play button works...used it on Netflix!

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why I wrote ebay...it was actually amazon uk that I purchased them from, lol! Still through a 3rd party seller though!

I would've been happy to have paid the extra ?40 per pair from amazon but the 'Dispatched between 1 to 3 months' thing really put me off!

I'm curious how long Nokia will take to provide a replacement though!!!

Will keep everyone updated!

Btw, got them in less than a week when I ordered...but considering both pairs suffer from the same issues i.e. Sound offset to the left and skip buttons not working when wired - I WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON!

xH4RRYx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine work absolutely flawlessly. Amazing sound and wireless is great!! Could be your ears aren't the same sensitivity? No offence obviously :)

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...I think the same thing so no offence taken, lol! I've recently had a hearing test and a following nose, throat and ears test...they concluded that my hearing was well above average! Probably due to my 14 years of music production.

I never really listen to really loud music and avoid exposure to loud sounds in general.

I've let other people try them out too and they have said the same thing regarding the sound being offset...also, the right side is much looser while the left side of the headset is stiff and fits snuggly!!!

What about the skip/forward/rewind buttons when wired? They work great when wireless but not at all when wired...LUMIA 920.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...I think the same thing so no offence taken, lol! I've recently had a hearing test and a following nose, throat and ears test...they concluded that my hearing was well above average! Probably due to my 14 years of music production.

I never really listen to really loud music and avoid exposure to loud sounds in general.

I've let other people try them out too and they have said the same thing regarding the sound being offset...also, the right side is much looser while the left side of the headset is stiff and fits snuggly!!!

What about the skip/forward/rewind buttons when wired? They work great when wireless but not at all when wired...LUMIA 920.

Since your headphones are 100 % for sure broken (the buttons), Im guessing that the offset is allso because you have a bad pair of headphones.
The guy that tested the headphones in my review has over 30 years in the music and audio game. I allso recently had the privilige to se him in action when he finetuned and fixed a grand piano (docu in the making :)).
If he cant here an offset, Im satisfied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro