Received my CC-1043 Cases (Nokia 920)

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Seeing the Windows Phone Central news item on the release of the Nokia CC-1043 cases the other week Nokia Lumia 920 CC-1043, a shell of a case | Windows Phone Central . On Thursday last week I looked on Amazon UK and was pleased to find them there. Having bought a black Nokia 920 I was keen to see how I felt about the other colours and so ordered the Cyan, Yellow and Red cases. Delivery was quoted at 2 weeks which was a frustration however it proved to be incorrect and I received them this morning ? really impressed with that service!

Here are some photographs I took after taking them out of the jiffy bag. Unfortunately I cant take photos of them on the phone as I?m at work with no camera other than that on my 920. I can say the following though. The case isn?t the rubbery kind that I?m used to using with my old Android phone. This has more of a firmer feel to it, which means that when you put it on the phone body, the cover doesn?t ?warp? away from the phone at the edges, but truly does appear to be ?square? all round the front face as though its part of the phone.

So visually I think the case gets 10/10 from me.

However, I?m not massively impressed with some of the location holes. The top and bottom ones for the headphone jack, speakers and micro USB are lines up okay, but the oval hole for the flash is cut out slightly offset, and you can see the camera lens slot is also offset slightly. Whilst this doesn?t affect the operation of the camera lens, I?m not sure how the photograph results will be affected by the flash being slightly covered over. Probably not too much, but still the hole should be made larger to accommodate a slightly pliable cover.

The second minor quibble I have is with the side button holes. I don?t personally think enough clearance has been allowed for the smooth operation of the buttons. The cut of the cover holes is such that there is no perimeter gap around the buttons, so you have to push slightly harder to work them than you would without a case or with my Meifeng cover. It might be that with time I get used to this and I intend to interchange all three cases regularly (along with my themes to match) so we?ll see if the button interference becomes an issue or not.

With regards to protection, I?d say they probably offer no greater degree of protection than any other standard case if you dropped your phone, but I doubt that?s the intent. For general protection when laying on your desk it seems to be pretty good, and the case is a degree more ?grippable? than the phone without one (though less so than with my Meifeng case fitted).

All in all I?d give the CC-1043 covers an 8 or 9 out of 10. Certainly the visual appearance is stunning and just in the 20 minutes the yellow cover has been on my phone 6 people have noticed it on my desk as they walked past :)

WP_20130325_001.jpg

WP_20130325_002.jpg

WP_20130325_003.jpg

WP_20130325_004.jpg

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I also ordered one of these after seeing the post last week. I didn't realize until later that the quoted shipping was something crazy like 18-26 business days. Looking forward to trying it out. Not sure why they don't just leave a larger opening around the side buttons and even eliminate the little strip between the buttons and the screen.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Just wanted to add that the blue cover which I said was Cyan, doesn't match the Cyan tile theme. It is in fact a Teal cover as this blends exactly to the Teal theme. Still looks good though I have to admit I prefer the Yellow so far.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Estimated delivery? Between April 17th and 30th. This was ordered on March 21st. So I've got a two week delivery window, starting four weeks after ordering an in-stock product.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I ended giving the first case to my dad, and finally got around to replacing my Invisible Shield with a new gray CC-1043. I l only used the Invisible Shield on the back and I loved it. It was like having a naked phone but with a little bit of grip. Alas, it started yellowing a bit and getting dirty around the corners so I thought I would change it up. Photos show transition from IS>naked>CC-1043 for front, then for back:
Pics
2013 05 24_3108.jpg
2013 05 24_3112.jpg
2013 05 24_3119.jpg
2013 05 24_3109.jpg
2013 05 24_3113.jpg
2013 05 24_3118.jpg

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I love these cases.

I don't think any extra space should be left around the buttons... that's part of why they look so awesome... it almost completely covers the entire cololr surface of the phone except for a very small opening on top and bottom. The buttons press fine after you get used to them.

The one thing I will say that is negative though is that the tolerances on some of them don't seem to be too good. I have black, grey, red, and yellow. Some of them have minor variances in the cutouts for the back as the original poster noted. They don't cover the led flash at all, but you can see a bit of black phone peeking through when you shouldn't. I also believe the button cutouts on these are slightly off, which I worry puts undue pressure on them. The black and grey ones fit perfect... the red and yellow are a bit off.

Th other potential issue is that the lighter colored ones CAN pick up dyes from your pockets or screen cleaning cloths. I was using a black screen cleaning cloth and once I added a little cleaning solution because my screen was particularly smudged. The black ink in the cloth rubbed off on the yellow case and left stains around the screen. I replaced the yellow case, and I have since not used any fluid with it and no problems with further smearing.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My fiance bought a cyan version for her white 920. It looks great, but the buttons do work a little hard through the case. Especially the camera, when trying to do the half push to focus.

pokexpress

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I picked a couple of these for less than the equivalent of $12 when my local store ran a deal. The button cutouts did take some time getting used to, but it's pretty much ok. The yellow case looks great on my yellow phone, though I've yet to try my cyan case. On the other hand, it did get discolored quickly...my yellow case developed noticeable smudges after only 3 days. Even after I never kept it in my jeans pocket, it still seems to get stained very easily. Though, with the price that I got it for and how it good looks on my phone, it's still a good purchase IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb