06-09-2014 09:52 AM
110 12345
tools
    Hey guys, works nicely on charging , but anyone has any ideas how how come automatic application opening doesn't work. NFC on my Lumia 920 poorly connects to CR-200, I have only once succesfully paired them when I adding device (applications / settings / add device). I have NFC ON on my Lumia, but tapping or mounting to CR-200 doesnt automatically open the CR-200 app. So does it need some special tapping area or what?
    07-07-2013 03:23 AM
    Hey guys, works nicely on charging , but anyone has any ideas how how come automatic application opening doesn't work. NFC on my Lumia 920 poorly connects to CR-200, I have only once succesfully paired them when I adding device (applications / settings / add device). I have NFC ON on my Lumia, but tapping or mounting to CR-200 doesnt automatically open the CR-200 app. So does it need some special tapping area or what?
    It won't open up automatically. Windows Phone specifically triggers a user prompt to confirm the NFC action. Then again, if apps could just do anything they wanted on NFC without using the user prompt, then a person who is less than savoury could easily go ping their personal info stealer on an NFC enabled device and steal somebody's identity with it.
    07-07-2013 06:26 AM
    update: finally got fed up with the suction cup look. It worked fine and it really is the best suction cup holder I have ever used. I just like things to look like they are integrated in the car. I took my KUDA mount and drilled a 1/8inch hole in the middle then took the back suction cup holder assembly apart. Well made BTW nothing glued or cheap there. All fine plastic strong and bolted together. I took off the assembly until all that was left was a plastic stem. I put some 3m double sided trim tape to the back of it and used the drilled hole on the KUDA stand as a guide. Fits like its factory made at the perfect spot on my dash. Leather matches rest of car perfectly, no wires hanging..everything looks great. Only downside is I can't turn the cradle horizontal...but I never use it in that mode anyway.
    07-07-2013 03:10 PM
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to use the camera while charging in the cradle?
    With the OSI, i assume it should even remove most of the shakes from the recording.
    07-07-2013 09:11 PM
    Make sure you have the screen on when you 'tap' to activate NFC.
    07-07-2013 09:13 PM
    I just received my CR-200 from Clove UK and used it in my car all day using CoPilot GPS.

I've seen some people saying that you have to tap a button on the top of the charger to get it to charge. Not for me at least. It charges the instant I lay it down.

+Has enough juice to charge while using Nav with Internet Sharing turned on.
    (There was just a slight bit of charging needed after an hour. Like a minute or so and it was back to full charge once I quit the GPS app.)
    -The phone gets a bit warm from using it this way.

Not a bad device. Now I feel like wireless charging is required in my car now.

wp_20130708_002.jpg
    07-08-2013 07:46 PM
    I really wish the "Car Mode" part of the Accessories app would let you choose built-in apps (aka Xbox Music, not Nokia Music). Not that I have a CR-200 but I programmed an NFC tag to act as one to see if it was worth the money, and the no built-in apps thing feels like a pretty big limitation.
    07-08-2013 08:08 PM
    Got mine today from MobileFun based in Brooklyn? Anyway, works great but I do have some reservation about suction cup mounts....they suck ( ha ha ha). I may have to look at a more permanent mount if I don't get it to stick. You in the US can buy it from Mobilefun for about $79 including shipping (Royal Mail International)
    07-09-2013 02:22 PM
    I really wish the "Car Mode" part of the Accessories app would let you choose built-in apps (aka Xbox Music, not Nokia Music). Not that I have a CR-200 but I programmed an NFC tag to act as one to see if it was worth the money, and the no built-in apps thing feels like a pretty big limitation.
    Very strange that you can't make Xbox Music one of the quick launches. I can select almost every other app as far as I can tell (Waze, Pandora, Podcast Lounge). The bigger issue for me is the lack of OS-wide landscape support, which forces me to use the app in portrait mode (which I do not prefer).
    07-10-2013 03:58 AM
    So, just got my grubby mits on one of these. Wasn't too hard. As I am from the US I couldn't find this anywhere. Happened to be in MBK mall Bangkok this week and one of the Nokia stores there had one, about $80.

Have to admit, not too pleased so far. As I'm not home yet I can only assume it wirelessly charges properly but as others have pointed out, that is only half the battle. I've messed with it a bit and the NFC is intermittent and the damn rubber clamps hit buttons no matter which way you put it in. So, some manual mods will be happening. Even with that, it seems loose in horizontal mode.

Willing to eat the cost of this dock if Waze comes out and a better dock, third party or not, becomes available.

I'll post more after I get back.
    07-10-2013 07:12 AM
    Willing to eat the cost of this dock if Waze comes out and a better dock, third party or not, becomes available. I'll post more after I get back.
    If you can live without the wireless charging, I've had great success in the past with ProClips. They are supposedly working on a wireless option, so if you remain unhappy with the CR-200 you might just want to periodically google "ProClips wireless" to see if its been released. Their products are definitely not cheap, but they are really good.
    07-10-2013 09:00 AM
    I agree, everything works great, but the lack of being able to choose xbox music as a quick launch is really an oversight.

Maybe someone can make a shortcut app similar to the maps app by Mohammed Adenwala that simply launches the built-in Microsoft maps but instead launches Xbox Music. His maps app shows up in the quick access list, so one would think it would work.
    Last edited by Jeebus137; 07-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    07-16-2013 02:48 PM
    Can someone please re-confirm from their experience that this holder actually can charge if using GPS and cellular data? My experience has been that the charging rate on the Qi standard is low (500ma?) and it cannot "keep up" and will actually discharge faster than it can recharge?

Thanks, please advise.

-Rob
    07-16-2013 08:31 PM
    It charges my Phone Lumia 920 while navigating, calling and having data on. Just check your background tasks and enable only the necessary ones.
    07-17-2013 11:44 PM
    and the damn rubber clamps hit buttons no matter which way you put it in.
    THIS. I'm so sick of these generic docks. Make the clamps grab at all four corners, it isn't hard to do.
    07-18-2013 10:11 AM
    I don't have this yet, but looking to get one. A few things to note that some people seem to not be understanding I think...

(1) The NFC tag cannot be placed permanently under the NFC reader on the phone... it would trigger the prompt every xx seconds. I'm sure it's completely by design that you have to tap the NFC tag first, then mount the phone. It's not "on the wrong end".

(2) I'm certain the native OS apps that are missing in the selection list is due to an OS limitation, not some oversight by Nokia. Hopefully MS will address this, as I would also liek to make Xbox Music an option.

(3) The prompt you get when connecting via NFC is also a limitation of the OS. Though, as has been pointed out, there are good security reasons for this one. I would like to see MS provide an "always accept this NFC tag" option.

I'm a bit worried by the notes that it seems loose in landscape mode... this is how I would like to use it. I am also curious if this will work with the 1020, 520, and 620 (obviously without wireless charging for the last two).
    07-23-2013 11:01 PM
    Why would you buy a wireless charger which is expensive for phones that wouldn't use that feature? There are cheaper and probably better options.

Anyway, my experience so far using it in a nissan armada clamped to the dash - it charges, the nfc feature is nifty but I don't drive a lot so it is more a novelty. It holds the 920 just fine and the mount hasn't moved since I put it in place. It frees up the wired charger for my wife's phone and holds it out where I can see the phone. In fact, I suddenly have a new found appreciation of nokia maps+here as it is pretty impressive. However, it still can't find certain addresses correctly such as my house which it put on a nearby street.
    07-24-2013 07:26 AM
    Why would you buy a wireless charger which is expensive for phones that wouldn't use that feature? There are cheaper and probably better options.
    Easy... I have multiple phones. Usually use a 920 right now.
    07-25-2013 08:52 AM
    Hallo,

what about the backside-camera, can it be used if the lumia 920 is mounted in the cr-200 car holder? I think about taking traffic-videos with the equipment.

Thanks, Stefan
    07-26-2013 06:32 AM
    Hallo,

what about the backside-camera, can it be used if the lumia 920 is mounted in the cr-200 car holder? I think about taking traffic-videos with the equipment.

Thanks, Stefan
    Hello

I got mine CR-200 yesterday and i was going to use it as a Road camera with RoadVision or Action Cam.
    But sadly the holder covers the lense.... :( You can move your device to show the lense, but then de device would not charge, and the clamp press the camera button....

I did a modification to my device today and now i can se 60-70% of the picture when 920 is mounted... Can't take more then i will damage the electronic. and thats not good on this expensive device.

Another thing is that the charger seems not stabil. Anyone know if its a "smartcharge" function on this ? so it would not charge if the battery rate is over XX % ?

wp_20130726_006_resize.jpg
    Landscape mode photo.
    wp_20130726_009_resize.jpg

//
    GSR
    Last edited by Protrek; 07-26-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Attachment missing.
    bozza72 likes this.
    07-26-2013 07:55 PM
    Thanks a lot, so it is not possible!
    07-26-2013 11:43 PM
    Anyone else find that the little rubber things that clamp to the phone come loose? One of mine has. I'm also experiencing Lumia droop, i.e. the weight on my 920 causes the ball socket to slip. Anyone else? I'm not sure I want to send it back. But am curious if these issues are wide spread? I'll probably just reglue the rubber thing, but am unsure how to solve the droop.
    08-01-2013 02:25 AM
    Anyone else find that the little rubber things that clamp to the phone come loose? One of mine has. I'm also experiencing Lumia droop, i.e. the weight on my 920 causes the ball socket to slip. Anyone else? I'm not sure I want to send it back. But am curious if these issues are wide spread? I'll probably just reglue the rubber thing, but am unsure how to solve the droop.
    Super glue in the joint then move it around to spread until dry. Repeat as necessary. Worked on my CR-123. Wasn't permanent though. Went to do it again yesterday, but I was impatient and now the joint is completely glued..
    Wondering if I should get the LG charger and cradle to fit because of this, and I like the fact that it uses regular micro-usb.
    08-02-2013 11:36 PM
    Anyone else have a problem with their phone (mine is black 1020) getting really hot after no more than 20 minutes (driving to work), I mean almost to hot to touch?
    08-03-2013 12:50 PM
    Hi, does anybody know the maximum width and thickness of phone you can squeeze into one of these? Just trying to think long term.

Thanks
    08-04-2013 11:37 PM
110 12345