06-09-2014 09:52 AM
110 ... 345
tools
    The photos of the CR-200 aren't very clear. Can anyone confirm if the unit uses a standard ball-and-socket pivot? I installed a holder some time ago in my car that works with my Garmin holder. Basically, you just pull the holder from the suction cup arm and install it in this. It's a fairly standard setup but that doesn't mean that Nokia adopted it.

It would be nice if I could transfer the holder over to that instead of being stuck using Nokia's base. Unfortunately, it seems like Nokia put the ball end on the holder itself, which is disappointing.
    U r stuck to Nokia base. Dont Think u van move it easy to another base.
    10-13-2013 07:54 PM
    Anyone else find that this unit doesn't actually charge at times? I have found that when it is hot, e.g. from when my car has been in the sun for a while, that when I put my L920 in it that it doesn't charge. It isn't even summer yet here in Brisbane Australia, so surely it can't be a heat thing? However, after driving for a little while, with the aircon on, it starts charging.

Other times after driving for a while I look at the screen and notice it isn't charging. It doesn't seem to matter if the phone is partially or fully charged. When this happens, I pull the plug out of the cigarette lighter, wait 10-15 seconds, put it back in and the phone starts charging.

Bizarre. Anyone else have similar issues?
    10-27-2013 08:06 PM
    Anyone else find that the little rubber things that clamp to the phone come loose? One of mine has. I'm also experiencing Lumia droop, i.e. the weight on my 920 causes the ball socket to slip. Anyone else? I'm not sure I want to send it back. But am curious if these issues are wide spread? I'll probably just reglue the rubber thing, but am unsure how to solve the droop.
    I'm having this problem as well w/ the 1020, and I was thinking if I have the problem w/ the 1020 then it must be much worse w/ the 920 since it's significantly larger. I'm going to try to rig up some type of solution, but if I honestly can't I'm going to return this for sure. I cannot believe Nokia was dumb enough to design this without the ability to actually adjust it. This is honestly terrible engineering and a lack of foresight.
    10-27-2013 09:03 PM
    can't believe these aren't on sale for around $50 yet. the pricing is insulting
    10-28-2013 08:30 PM
    I've had mine for months and the suction cup has totally lost its adhesive. It will not stay attached. It keeps falling off very frustrating. Does anyone know if there is anything that can be put on that will make it sticky again?

Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 04:44 PM
    super glue
    11-28-2013 04:46 PM
    It doesn't have to be smooth, they give you a base separately in case the surface is not smooth enough, you apply the base to the surface first and then attach the phone holder on top of the base. I would say rough surface is not a problem, a curved surface could be a problem though, I had to move mine further back to the more flat part of the dashboard. I'm not even using the base, the base works better flat surfaces, if its not flat the base won't work.
    11-28-2013 05:27 PM
    So...I was just getting absolutely sick of the cr-200. I previously had a custom dash mount in my car (I had on dash and windshield mounting options, and luckily there's a pretty big Honda S2000 community and one company has made custom accessories for years [modifry] so I started a little project.

So I already had the modifry custom mount, I've had in in my car since I first got my Lumia 900 and it worked great
    6ch6rl.jpg
    4qcbbs4l.jpg
    Video
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.mp4

Once I got the Lumia 920, I bought a right angle microUSB connector, spliced into the original cable wire that I had running through the dash, test fitted the proper mounting position, then used some JB Weld to fabricate an opening for it and then sealed in in place so whenever I got into my car, the 920 would just slide in.

The 1020 didn't work as well (the hump) so I thought it was a good time to try the cr-200, but was really disappointed to find that there was no way to adjust the tension on the mounting ball. It's effectively useless for any phone that is heavier than the Lumia 925, unless you're wanting to custom make your own bracket, I would actually say do not get it unless you have something that is around the same weight as the 925 or lighter.

But anyways, here's what I got done on thanksgiving. Should have taken more pictures, but I was in a bit of a rush.

I skipped a lot of steps, but first...there are 4 screws that are underneath the suction cup, if you lift up the corners of the suction cup you'll be able to unscrew these one at a time, then the entire suction cup portion comes off.

Then after that there are 3 screws that hold the main portion of the charger and it's rotating ball assembly to the main arm portion, those are easily accessible. I don't have any pictures of those first two steps because i did them a long time ago. But in all honesty, if you're looking to do what I do, you can just completely skip them anyway.

Easist part, just look to the back of the cr-200 mount, there's a very short stem which leads to the mount, just use a pvc cutting blade, or something like a dremel and cut right through it. Easy going.

To use the existing portion of the mount I had, I needed to give it a 5mm or so riser so that the back of the mounting screws I had could stay in place w/out actually touching the mount itself. So I just fabricated a maybe 1.5 inch by .5 inch strip, used some sandpaper to make the surface rough, and did the same on the back of the bare cr200 (after I had sanded down the remnant of the stem to make it even and smooth) to allow them to stick better after putting them together. I used Loctite (my favorite) ultra gel control glue. Then I simply used some more Loctite to affix the heads of the bolts to the backplate I fabricated (out of more ABS plastic) and was basically ready to roll.

fiifbyb.jpg
    limuw5s.jpg

Then after that, putting it back on my exist mount and the existing parts I had previously part was super easy.

juquqcq.jpg
    0zrwdel.jpg

So now that it's actually mounted to a mount where it allows me to adjust the tension, this thing holds in place just fine. I can even tap on things while I'm driving, swipe to change songs, etc w/out having it move which is ideally the way that it should be.
    bthvxxx.jpg
    ru6alke.jpg
    nv1f5to.jpg

If you don't mind obviously voiding the warranty by hacking into it, then I would high recommend this. It's honestly turned this into a mount that I initially wanted to return, to a product that I love because I just put my phone on and slide the arms down.

And BTW, for anyone that things you can get that portion of the cr-200 where the actually charger attaches to the ball...you can't. I completely took the cr-200 apart, removed the arms, and even had to remove the wing arm mechanism to see that it can't be done. After spending 20 minutes carefully putting it back together, i'm pretty convinced there's no way to take it off other than removing it. Which is a shame because then you could have simply attached something like this w/out having to hack it off.

ramd2461.jpg
    12-01-2013 03:18 PM
    Setup my CR-200 yesterday...

There was a real easy spot in my car to put the plate and mount the charger. No issues at all with the installation of the hardware. It feels very solid and stable - I actually need to check if I'm able to remove it, the dock feels very firmly attached.

NFC isn't reliable or convenient. Using a Lumia 925 with the wireless charging cover I had to tap multiple times to add the CR-200 as an accessory. After getting the CR-200 software nothing is really automatic using NFC, so I've disabled it and no longer use this option - it's much easier to just pin the Nokia Car App to the screen.

Wireless charging works well. I stay at 100% with Nokia Drive running. Now I need to see if I can find a couple more apps that are useful in the car.

Edit: The adhesive disc failed on me. No damage to the phone, but now I need a better solution.
    Last edited by Skaughtto; 06-08-2014 at 03:48 AM.
    06-06-2014 12:46 PM
    this appears to be available everywhere but north or south America any idea why?
    Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder Overview - Nokia
    Test Your Internet Speed
    I am a bit distrustful about the suction measure, the dashboard of my auto has a really textured surface. We should perceive to what extent that will keep going. Nokia incorporated a plate with cement, that was completely pointless, the 920 unstucked it after short of what a moment standing still.........
    06-09-2014 09:52 AM
110 ... 345