Nokia CR-200 wireless charging car holder feedback?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Willing to eat the cost of this dock if Waze comes out and a better dock, third party or not, becomes available. I'll post more after I get back.

If you can live without the wireless charging, I've had great success in the past with ProClips. They are supposedly working on a wireless option, so if you remain unhappy with the CR-200 you might just want to periodically google "ProClips wireless" to see if its been released. Their products are definitely not cheap, but they are really good.

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree, everything works great, but the lack of being able to choose xbox music as a quick launch is really an oversight.

Maybe someone can make a shortcut app similar to the maps app by Mohammed Adenwala that simply launches the built-in Microsoft maps but instead launches Xbox Music. His maps app shows up in the quick access list, so one would think it would work.

Last edited:

robroy90

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please re-confirm from their experience that this holder actually can charge if using GPS and cellular data? My experience has been that the charging rate on the Qi standard is low (500ma?) and it cannot "keep up" and will actually discharge faster than it can recharge?

Thanks, please advise.

-Rob

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It charges my Phone Lumia 920 while navigating, calling and having data on. Just check your background tasks and enable only the necessary ones.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this yet, but looking to get one. A few things to note that some people seem to not be understanding I think...

(1) The NFC tag cannot be placed permanently under the NFC reader on the phone... it would trigger the prompt every xx seconds. I'm sure it's completely by design that you have to tap the NFC tag first, then mount the phone. It's not "on the wrong end".

(2) I'm certain the native OS apps that are missing in the selection list is due to an OS limitation, not some oversight by Nokia. Hopefully MS will address this, as I would also liek to make Xbox Music an option.

(3) The prompt you get when connecting via NFC is also a limitation of the OS. Though, as has been pointed out, there are good security reasons for this one. I would like to see MS provide an "always accept this NFC tag" option.

I'm a bit worried by the notes that it seems loose in landscape mode... this is how I would like to use it. I am also curious if this will work with the 1020, 520, and 620 (obviously without wireless charging for the last two).

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would you buy a wireless charger which is expensive for phones that wouldn't use that feature? There are cheaper and probably better options.

Anyway, my experience so far using it in a nissan armada clamped to the dash - it charges, the nfc feature is nifty but I don't drive a lot so it is more a novelty. It holds the 920 just fine and the mount hasn't moved since I put it in place. It frees up the wired charger for my wife's phone and holds it out where I can see the phone. In fact, I suddenly have a new found appreciation of nokia maps+here as it is pretty impressive. However, it still can't find certain addresses correctly such as my house which it put on a nearby street.

DrStefanKoenig

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hallo,

what about the backside-camera, can it be used if the lumia 920 is mounted in the cr-200 car holder? I think about taking traffic-videos with the equipment.

Thanks, Stefan

Protrek

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hallo,

what about the backside-camera, can it be used if the lumia 920 is mounted in the cr-200 car holder? I think about taking traffic-videos with the equipment.

Thanks, Stefan

Hello

I got mine CR-200 yesterday and i was going to use it as a Road camera with RoadVision or Action Cam.
But sadly the holder covers the lense.... :( You can move your device to show the lense, but then de device would not charge, and the clamp press the camera button....

I did a modification to my device today and now i can se 60-70% of the picture when 920 is mounted... Can't take more then i will damage the electronic. and thats not good on this expensive device.

Another thing is that the charger seems not stabil. Anyone know if its a "smartcharge" function on this ? so it would not charge if the battery rate is over XX % ?

WP_20130726_006_resize.jpg
Landscape mode photo.
WP_20130726_009_resize.jpg

//
GSR

Last edited:

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else find that the little rubber things that clamp to the phone come loose? One of mine has. I'm also experiencing Lumia droop, i.e. the weight on my 920 causes the ball socket to slip. Anyone else? I'm not sure I want to send it back. But am curious if these issues are wide spread? I'll probably just reglue the rubber thing, but am unsure how to solve the droop.

TheContact

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else find that the little rubber things that clamp to the phone come loose? One of mine has. I'm also experiencing Lumia droop, i.e. the weight on my 920 causes the ball socket to slip. Anyone else? I'm not sure I want to send it back. But am curious if these issues are wide spread? I'll probably just reglue the rubber thing, but am unsure how to solve the droop.

Super glue in the joint then move it around to spread until dry. Repeat as necessary. Worked on my CR-123. Wasn't permanent though. Went to do it again yesterday, but I was impatient and now the joint is completely glued..
Wondering if I should get the LG charger and cradle to fit because of this, and I like the fact that it uses regular micro-usb.

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem with their phone (mine is black 1020) getting really hot after no more than 20 minutes (driving to work), I mean almost to hot to touch?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working great. I only have it almost 3 weeks. Can't go back to wired charging now. The suction is really strong compares to others I have had in the past.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today from Mobilefun.com. Is it worth the price? That's subjective, I guess. I wish it was cheaper than what I paid. However, I drive a ton, and it was getting very dangerous looking down every few minutes to follow the GPS.

The build quality is very good IMHO. That being said, I wouldn't go throwing it around and treating it badly. You definitely want to use some TLC with it. I'm not one to bully my gadgets anyway, so I have no doubt in my mind it will last.

I have it mounted to the windshield. I kept the plastic on the rubber mount so the stickiness wouldn't wear off or get all over the windshield. I have apprehension about mounting it to the dash, I don't want the "glue" on the suction cup all over my dashboard. Plus, the windshield mount works perfectly, although it did take a few tries to get it to stay in place. I can say with 100% certainty with the protective plastic off the suction cup, it wouldn't go anywhere. In the end I wiped everything down with an alcohol wipe and it didn't move once mounted properly.

NFC took a tap or two and it worked. The weather issue has been solved as it had no problem recognizing where I am. I easily added my contacts and adjusted my "quick tap apps" and I was good to go.

Charging wise, it works. I left work with 43% battery left, I got home 20 minutes later and it was at 48%. I did not turn any background tasks off. While it may not be a "quick" charge it certainly wasn't draining the battery.

I'm glad I got it. I was going to hold out judgment for a few days and sell it on eBay if it didn't work out. Even after the first go 'round with it, I won't be doing that. It is much cheaper than buying a full-on GPS that is for certain. If you can spring for the extra bucks get it. If not wait and see what it will be priced once it is officially released in the US. If Cell phone accessories :: MobileFun.com is any sort of guide to pricing; it may be much cheaper once it is "officially" released here as the DT-910 is going for $88.49 on the website.

Protrek

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Jeff M: The glue would not stick to Your dashbord. I have moved mine 3/4 times and there is absolute no problem. I Think The plastic should be removed..

But i have one issue now. The clamp is not working any more. Ut Will not Lock over The Phone anymore. I Think i have to do another mod fix that.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I understand. The plastic should be removed. I feel even if it wears off it will stick, just like any other device I have stuck to a windshield before. When I run the wires and have it fully mounted I probably will. Still loving the cradle though! Its genius! Now I need to get a Bluetooth dongle so I can stream music, and dump Sirius...$20 a month is getting old....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos