Nokia CR-200 wireless charging car holder feedback?

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got one of these? I'm interested in getting one and would appreciate some user feedback. I'm particularly keen to know what surfaces it can adhere to. Does the surface have to be absolutely smooth or not? Thanks.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've got the CR-123 and it's got the strongest suction grip I've ever come across, so I would think the CR-200 is going to be much the same. If so then it will stick to most dashboards without any problem.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
is it available already? been looking into the brodit one. this one looks like a universal thing just with a wireless charger included - the brodit one is just for the 920 and it slides nicely into it.
is the cam free on this mount?

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Now you mention it, it does look like a universal holder, but it's claimed to be for the 720/820/920. Incidentally, I bought the Brodit holder (and just the holder) for my 820. It's a beautiful piece. The phone fits into it perfectly, although maybe a bit too perfectly. The fit's a bit tight. I've still to find a suction mount for the Brodit holder, though. If this CR-200 is up to the job I'll probably go with that. The Brodit holder on it's own still makes a great desktop holder for the phone.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK the CR-200 is not at retail availability yet, at least not where I am (U.S.). Hopefully soon though, looks really cool

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you guys are right. It's not available yet. My apologies. I thought mobilefun.co.uk had it in stock, but after seeing the last two posts I re-checked. They're saying due in stock in 1 month, which I missed. Sorry.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just found the specs of the CR-200. Looks like it delivers only 750 mA. Might not be enough for simultaneous navigation and mobile data... Anybody got hold of the charger yet?

lance_mangold

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Waiting for this as well. It's a little pricey but looks solid and want to take advantage of the wireless charging. I have the stand at home and love it.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today, woohoo. Charging works nicely, Wifi, BT, Phone call, 3G Data, and Navigating at the same time and the battery got charged. I am a bit sceptical about the suction cup, the dashboard of my car has a pretty textured surface. Let's see how long that will last. Nokia included a disk with adhesive, that was totally useless, the 920 unstucked it after less than a minute standing still...

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice, keep us posted on the suction cup I never liked those disks with double sided tape, they always fall off
I hope 920 will also get that app that they were showing off for this charger
Got mine today, woohoo. Charging works nicely, Wifi, BT, Phone call, 3G Data, and Navigating at the same time and the battery got charged. I am a bit sceptical about the suction cup, the dashboard of my car has a pretty textured surface. Let's see how long that will last. Nokia included a disk with adhesive, that was totally useless, the 920 unstucked it after less than a minute standing still...

lance_mangold

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Nice! You must be in Europe. I don't see any on an amazon search in the US. Really want this thing!

Regarding suction cup, would it stay better to the glass?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99