Is Wireless Charging really that awesome?

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have broken a few devices by falling/stumbling over their charging cables, my last phone, a blackberry survived, but with some bad scratches from catapulting it across the room. (no joke! :shocked: )

Not a single time has this happened to my Lumia thanks to wireless charging! For me it is one of the best practical innovations in years. I cannot see myself go back to a non wireless charging phone!

bb10_fan

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
How about cars, can you plug charger there? Also will phone fall all the time the car breaks? Anyone with real experience of using wireless charger in the car? Thanks

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It does cut down on the wear.. This is the same reason I am waiting for the double touch wake up.. it will cut down on the power key wear. And it is very comfortable to use. Lay it down and it charges. instead of finding the charger and have to plug it in.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a smartphone because of it but otherwise it's pretty neat. Very useful when I stumble into the bedroom at night. I drop my phone on the charger and don't have to bother turning on the lights to find a cord.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a smartphone because of it but otherwise it's pretty neat. Very useful when I stumble into the bedroom at night. I drop my phone on the charger and don't have to bother turning on the lights to find a cord.

My exact reason too. It was always a pain at night to feel around to try to find my USB cable, then make sure I can find the port on the phone (wife is sleeping and dont want to wake her so turing the display on is something I avoid), I just drop it on and it works...

If I was looking at 2 phones almost the same feature set, I would lean towards the one with wireless charging. It's just easy and something I no longer have to think about....and I really like features like that, something to make my life easier.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
OP. This requires some heavy Modus Ponens..

- Since I am awesome then everything I use must be really awesome.
- I use Wireless Charging

Q Wireless Charging is Really Awesome.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Qi charging is awesome! Aside from multi-tasking, it was the biggest feature I missed after leaving webOS.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is.
Like everyone here has said, its one of those things you don't miss until you have it, and then wonder how you got along all these days without it.

Teeb omus

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The power vs. hand crank windows is a pretty good analogy. Can you live without it? sure. Would you want to go back to rolling windows up and down? Probably not. Wireless charging was the only area I can think of where I felt I took a step back when I moved to the Trophy from the Palm Pre. Not to mention on the Pre, it saved wear and tear as someone else mentioned. That was a bid deal on the Pre; the ports would crack ,etc. if not careful.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is not only awesome, it keeps your USB port in excellent condition and saves you from the second leading cause of phone failure (cracked screen #1). I've only had Touchstone charging on my webOS devices so I need to ask if there's an "Exhibition"-style app running while it charges? That was an uber-cool feature on my Pre3.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Wireless charging is very convenient specially if you move from your place intermittently, I’m using an Htc 8X and never plug my phone again for charge in a week, just leaving my phone on the nokia pad in my desk during working hrs., even if I’m moving from my place a lot of times during day the phone is fully charged …easily.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I too had a same doubt about wireless charging and its usage value... but believe me once i started using it, my life is much more easy no more plugging in the charge pins into the micro USB port. Its just like placing your mobile on the table! Its super easy and useful. Its worth every penny that i paid for it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss