Wireless charging through aluminum case

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a wireless charger, just to find out that the charging component in my L920 is not working. I will have it fixed by Nokia.

Until that time, I won?t be able to check if an aluminum layer between the phone and the wireless charger will interfere with the wireless charging? Has anyone tried it?
My gut feeling tells me that I would affect it, but the rumoured 928 will have aluminum body.

I would like to order a case similar to
5 Color Luxury Brushed Aluminum Chrome Hard Case Skin Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I would have liked to do, but the coil on the phone needs to be fixed before I can try it. I just wanted to order the cover while my phone is being repaired.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
it is cheap enough that I would just do it anyways. Could always try and go to a cell phone store that has the wireless charging setup and test the foil thing there.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a horror story when a guy put aluminum foil (i believe) on the back of his HP Touchpad because it looked nice. And the touchstone (wireless charger) burned out in a puff of smoke - don't quote me on it, but i think some caution is merited here
just my 2 cents

if im wrong though, dont hesitate to correct me - i would think the WPC thought of this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss