Moga Controller Compatibility List

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it with 8.1. So far, so good. :)

Also, just a heads up to anyone coming here looking for Castle of Illusions support. The answer is no, it does not currently support the controller.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for finding those new games and apps, nCogNeato!

I've taken over the thread due to the previous topic creator slacking. The OP should now be up to date and with non-regional Store links.

Everybody, please continue posting compatible games and apps that you discover and I'll add them to the list.

wylie8604

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with this. I have the MOGA Power and a Lumia 1520 (Cyan + 8.1 GDR1), and also an ICON (WP8 Lumia Black). The controller will not stay connected as BT or BTHID device, MC5 and Asphalt 8 cannot find the gamepad. Any troubleshooting I can do?

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble with this. I have the MOGA Power and a Lumia 1520 (Cyan + 8.1 GDR1), and also an ICON (WP8 Lumia Black). The controller will not stay connected as BT or BTHID device, MC5 and Asphalt 8 cannot find the gamepad. Any troubleshooting I can do?

As long as it shows up as connected right when you connect it (which often takes three tries or so for me), and then launch a compatible game quickly enough, it should be recognized within the game itself. With Modern Combat 5, make sure you have completed the entire intro level first. The game *often* loses the controller connection during the super-long loading process for the intro. Hopefully you can get to the menu quickly enough to see if it's working. The controller's light will glow green when it has established connection with a compatible game.

Also, I would try a simpler game like an emulator (which mostly require enabling the controller in their settings) that will be able to establish a connection faster. Hope that helps.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Make sure the Moga is the only Bluetooth profile under Bluetooth settings. I had the same problem and after deleting all my Bluetooth profiles and turning Bluetooth off and back on it connected and stayed connected.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Why no one said that the Wifi should be turned off to remove the lag?

Wi-Fi doesn't need to be turned off. Some MOGA-compatible games like Modern Combat 5 actually require Wi-Fi or cellular data connections in order to function. KinoConsole requires Wi-Fi as well.

Last edited:

Alesandro Sanchez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to point out to the people saying you need to remove all other bluetooth devices for the MOGA to stay on that in my experience this is completely wrong.

Here's how it works for me:

Step 1: Connect to the MOGA controller by pressing on it on the bluetooth list (no need to have removed any other devices).
Step 2: Wait until it says "connected"
Step 3: Ignore if it seems to disconnect, really, just don't care about it.
Step 4: Start your game and notice how the Moga controller is actually working even though it apparently had disconnected previously.

At least this is the case for me on my Lumia 1520 with the latest and greatest updates (and DP on)

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let people know that the moga pocket works and fits the 1520 after testing it out. It seems no one else had this combination of hardware on here previously.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone ;)

Does anyone managed to change the joystick sensitivity in Modern 5 ? The game offers the option but it doesn't change anything.. The game is not really playble otherwise :-/

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the exact reason, but with Lumia 920, the MOGA controller has so much input lag that almost all games become unplayable.

I disabled all radios except for the Bluetooth. Same thing.

I also contacted Microsoft, Nokia and MOGAanywhere on Twitter. The only ones that answered were the MOGA support team that offered me to replace the device.

What's wrong with this, guys? This isn't a cheap gamepad with a cheap phone. This have to simply work!

Almost 0.4 seconds of delay between pressed until the game actually reacts!!!

BucksterMcgee

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, anyone get the Moga pocket to work with Asphalt 8 on a 1520 on the latest dev build/firmware (Cyan)?

After disconnecting my BT audio it seems to work great in SNES8X, but haven't gotten it to recognize at all in Asphalt 8. And it's clearly connected because I can switch back to SNES8X and it works just fine again and again.

On a side note, I've noticed in the two latest Dev Preview builds that BT audio has been very choppy for my 1520 (my Nokia 928 has gotten progressively less stable with each new Dev Preview build. Currently the start screen is nearly unusable.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre