Zound Coloud Headphones

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It turns out Zound, a Swedish audio/sound company, does have an online store that ships internationally to Canada! www.coloud.com

If you recall Nokia recently teamed up with Zound to push Coloud headphones as affordable audio accessories for the Lumia. Unfortunately those co-branded and Nokia coloured headphones aren't on the website, I'm guessing it's because those particular headphones aren't due until September...

Anyways, the models seem to be the same, but at the risk of compatibility problems I decided to buy 2 headphones for my WP8s, the Boom ($40.00) and the Pop ($25.00).

You read right, these headphones are pretty cheap, and since Coloud does seem platform-agnostic (i.e. headphones seem universal), it might be worth it.

Also, I wanted the black-grey theme to match my black L920 and L520.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am also thinking of buying this headphone.
Can anyone give a small review??
I am particularly interested in BOOM
These are relatively new products, but from the couple of reviews I found online, the verdict is that they're worth more than they're priced. In other words, these are affordable but GOOD headphones, and are worth it ($40 for the BOOM!).

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I received my Boom and Pop.

Good news? Excellent sound quality for the price, no regrets (despite the disappointments) at all! I was meaning to get pick up a closed/soundproof headset for a while for use with my Surface Pro, and for $40 you could not go wrong with the Boom.

Bad news... kind of... The functionality is about the same as the Bose MIE-2s I own, I can only play/pause/pick-up/drop calls...no FF/RW controls using the 3-click process. This more than likely has to do with the fact that the models I bought were not built for the Lumia-series (i.e. what is available).

Conclusion? Wait till September for the Lumia models, they will be worth it, 110%! given the sound quality of these things, 5/5 (for $40 and under, depending on model). I'd even recommend the current ones available if you're in the market for generic 3rd party models that aren't necessarily Windows Phone centric. Go for Coloud over Sony/Bose/non-Purity Monster, etc...Swedish designed headphones for your Finnish designed phone.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Coloud Headphones

VERY impressed with their website! Fantastic range of colour combinations, tangle free cabling, unique cable clip and cheaper than buying them from Amazon UK with a decent 5-7 days delivery included in the price. I just bought a pair of "The Pop" Earphones in orange/yellow. Up until I saw these I was on the verge of buying some Skullcandy Ink'd earphones at twice the price. Be interesting to see and hear the quality.

JyhJiin

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got it today, yet it doesn't work on my 5800 :/ (i understand that the phone is quite old so i wont complain anything for that). Just wanna ask is there any problem using Coloud POP (from Zound, not Nokia ver.) on Lumia 520 other that the button controls? ie. microphone on the headset not supported for calling or buzzing from the headset?

I'm planning to buy a 520 in a few days and use it with POP , so could you please share your experience on using the headset? Thank you! :)

benxiaolinren

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Pop from their official website. At the end I had to pay duty for it, turned out to be more than $40, so not worth it. Recently I got my Nokia Coloud Boom for $45 from MobileFun.ca, got a yellow to match my yellow L1020.
They are AWESOME!1020_2A.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans