Car Mount for Lumia 920

flapadlr_Nok900

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lots of options in the Mobile Nation store, no clear recommendation.

Please share your recommendation, and if it's not bad form, include options available outside of Mobile Nations store.

I currently have the magnetic iMagnet and it's a good product. Amazon.com: iMagnet Cradle-less Magnetic Mount with Quick-snap Technology, Smartphone Car Windshield Dashboard Universal Holder: Cell Phones & Accessories
However, the 920 is heavy enough that an additional steel wafer is needed in the case so that it sticks to the magnet really well. This steel wafer interferes with wireless charging. If not for wireless charging, this is actually a really good solution.

Preferences:

Vertical orientation, since the Start screen doesn't flip
Dash mount with good temporary adhesive.
Doesn't impact the buttons
Doesn't block the headphone jack (GM transmitter in use)
Doesn't block power jack.

Less important:
Changes orientation
Stays on in Florida heat

Thanks, Centralians!

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I wrote in a previous post on the 928 accessories thread:

High Grade Nokia Lumia 920, 925, 928 and 1020 Robust Dash Stand Holder / Windshield Rotating Cradle Car Mount (for use with skin, bumper or hard case protector):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

I've been using this mount for the last couple of weeks. I've used it in three different vehicles now and it is very secure on the windshield, with little movement of the phone itself when mounted. I position the phone so the clamp arm is between the power button and the camera button. The phone can easily be positioned in either portrait or landscape mode.

Initially, I was viewing this mount as only a temporary option until I got either the Nokia CR-200 or Pro-clip came out with an wireless charging mount for the 928. But, based upon feedback on the CR-200 (mount pressing on camera button) and Pro-clip's lack of confirmation on a solution, this may end up being the mount I continue with, perhaps adding an NFC tag to it.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the 920...I don't know if I've read issues with the 928 and it not working. The phone's sleep button may be in the wrong spot or perhaps it's the 925...I'd look into it though before you make the jump!

MMK100

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I use CHOE Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock for Lumia 920,Nexus 4 and Other Wireless Charging Phones designed with Qi inductive charging technology from Amazon and I Like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99